Premier's Awards (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Well that was the other one of was thinking of. To clear it up the Premier's Award is for the All-Rounders 90+ in ALL of their subjects. or at least 10 units.
yes, the "All rounders" who got 90 in their best 10 units counted get premier awards.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
so what exactly is the award?
Like the premier just present you a certificate or something?
sorry lots of questions.thx^_^

sarahn

HSC
well, according to the letter, you go to sydney, to a ceremony at a convention centre in darling harbour, and get your ten seconds of fame briefly shaking morris iemma's hand and getting a trophy. no certificate as far as i can tell. its on the 13th of feb

yinyin

HSC
N/A
"ten seconds of fame briefly shaking morris iemma's hand"
faint......
how many people they r? After the ceremony will you guys still in and have dinner or something like that?
thnx

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
yinyin what is with all the questions your time will come in another 2 years no need to worry about this now but its ok to ask. ;)

sarahn

HSC
yinyin, i was being sarcastic about the ten seconds of fame thing...mainly because theres over 800 kids getting this award - its hardly an exclusive little club, or something like that.

theres no dinner afterward but apparently we get afternoon tea.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I think it's a good idea for people like yinyin to ask--not too early, not too late. Not saying there's any hope for the class of 2006, but getting prepared 2 years in advance is not a bad idea, especially since the class of 2007 are about to start Yaer 11 and get serious about their work (that is, if in their schooling career they haven't already). The class of 2006 are already one term through and should be motivated by this stage already.

Besides, it's good motivation! A nice trophy...mmm...I've never gotten one, and to get your few seconds of fame...mmm....

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Seriously, 5 sec of fame for shaking Iemma's hand, a piece of glass and a photo with Iemma and a few others. Not really worth it.

VQ

HSC
I just received the letter TODAY!!! (the rsvp is even yesterday *sigh*)
It was actually my fault as all letters are directed to my school and I haven't took care of my books so I couldn't get the letter until this morning

And yeah, I am overseas..I'll be flying to Aussie on Feb, 14...too bad -_-!

But assure me, it was not more than shaking hands and photo, I can get the trophy sent by mail...can't I??? *sure it wouldn't break on the way???

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Has anyone received "tickets" to this thing yet, which we were apparently supposed to receive in the mail?

Abtari

HSC
nope.. i sent in my rsvp.. yeah, aren't we supposed to get tickets in the mail?

umm, i thought it was a certificate, not a trophy! that's pretty cool, its been ages since i got a trophy for nething..

which two guests is everyone bringing?

clue

"melting...i'm melting"
HSC
i haven't got my tickets either, they had better come soon or i'll start getting worried...i don't trust the fax machine that i used to send in my rsvp...

i think i'll be bringing my parents if they can make it there...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Yea, I sent my RSVP by mail a few days after I got the first letter in the mail. Still no tickets though :confused: I'm guessing no-one's heard anything, coz I've asked a few people and they haven't got anything either.

Two guests for me are my parents.

gman03

HSC
I think you just rock up there and get your name signed, then get a name tag. They don't really check your "guests" unless number grows out of hand.

clue

"melting...i'm melting"
HSC
i just got my tickets in the mail today, with the tickets for the guests but nothing else it didn't have before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)