HSC
what do i need to prepare over the holidays for these subjects
advanced english
advanced maths
chemistry
legal
modern
geo
what are textbook recs for each subect? do i rlly need one for each subject? which subjecgts would i need to focus on the most?

Zyphronic

HSC
For Advanced English, you should read your prescribed texts.

For Advanced Maths, you should go back and make sure you have understood all the concepts you have learnt from 7-10. After that, you should look up the syllabus and start working off a Year 11 textbook.

For Legal Studies, I would suggest finding Year 11 notes and maybe learning off that for a while.

Overall, I would recommend not working too hard these summer holidays since it is your last time to truly relax. You should make sure you have all your materials such as textbooks, binders and stationery.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions

Cherrybomb56

HSC
advanced english
advanced maths
chemistry
legal
modern
geo
what are textbook recs for each subect? do i rlly need one for each subject? which subjecgts would i need to focus on the most?
Do you currently do tutoring for your subjects or planning on doing so?

Cherrybomb56

HSC
For Advanced English, you should read your prescribed texts.

For Advanced Maths, you should go back and make sure you have understood all the concepts you have learnt from 7-10. After that, you should look up the syllabus and start working off a Year 11 textbook.

For Legal Studies, I would suggest finding Year 11 notes and maybe learning off that for a while.

Overall, I would recommend not working too hard these summer holidays since it is your last time to truly relax. You should make sure you have all your materials such as textbooks, binders and stationery.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions
what subjects are you doing?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
advanced english
advanced maths
chemistry
legal
modern
geo
Chemistry I'd recommend Pearson chemistry. At this stage I wouldn't buy textbooks though as your school will probably give you a recommended textbooks list or they might just give you a copy for free etc, so you don't want to waste your money if you buy the wrong textbook and have to buy another one for the same subject. You need to focus on each subject equally as much as possible, but there are certain subjects sometimes where you don't need as much consistent practice. Things like chemistry and maths you need to do consistent practice because for these subjects the more questions you do the more likely you are to perform well in the exam. For other things like geo, modern, legal these are more essay and writing driven so you don't need to do questions all the time, but you should make a habit of writing notes throughout the year. One thing I did when I was in year 11 was writing notes gradually 1-2 lessons in advance so I'd read before hand and then I could ask the teacher questions in the lesson on specific things and it's sort of like a revision seeing the content the 2nd time around. Another good thing about that approach is it avoids having to cram before exams and also doesn't take too much time each week maybe 1-2 hr at the max

Zyphronic

HSC
what subjects are you doing?
It is located in my signature. Currently I am doing Advanced English, Advanced Math, Biology, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Music 2, Music Extension. A range of subjects from different fields

Cherrybomb56

HSC
wow that's awesome. Good luck. Do you think bio year 11 is difficult?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
* For Advanced Mathematics, Cambridge.

Other then for Mathematics, I would not bother going ahead. I think that relaxing before you start Preliminary HSC is more important, not to mention the HSC course is fairly different from Preliminary course for most subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)