preparing for eco essays (1 Viewer)

Sam91

HSC
hey guys

i was just wondering how everyone is going 2 prepare 4 the eco extended reponses - essays. how have people done it before? othe hscers. like its kinda imposiible 2 write 20 diff essays so do u just do essay plans? or just learn the notes. wats the best way?

absorber

HSC
It's not impossible to write 20 practice essays, even at this point. Many people do...Get quotes, get stats, learn to apply them to every essay question you can find, through either planning or actually writing em, exam conditions would help

Lorie

HSC
You don't necessarily have to sit down and write 20 essays in preparation. But practice as much as you can. Read past essays and get a feel for what you need to write. Learn the content as much as possible, because it will apply to other sections in the exam as well. You may have a specific essay question on unemployment, however you may have one on economic indicators, so know all the content. Don't be afraid to throw in a few graphs if appropriate to further illustrate your point.

Also writing plans is a good habit to get into. Just some to do so you can get an overview on the essay and see if there is any you might have missed. Even if it is something simple like:

* Intro
* Concept 1
- pros/cons
*Concept 2
- pros/cons
*Concept 3
- pros/cons
Conclusion

Hope that helps... :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I memorise all my notes and then bullshit in the exam. I've gotten 18/20, 25/25 and 10/10 in my essays so far.. For two of them, I wrote four essays that could possibly be assessed (and I got the right essay!)

williamc

HSC
hey guys

i was just wondering how everyone is going 2 prepare 4 the eco extended reponses - essays. how have people done it before? othe hscers. like its kinda imposiible 2 write 20 diff essays so do u just do essay plans? or just learn the notes. wats the best way?

just know the content inside-out, and just write whatever comes into your head. flows better with something like economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)