Preparing for the creative (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
Probs my worst part of the paper. We have an AOS exam on Wednesday and I'm not sure on how to tackle this section.

Teacher told me to prepare a few creatives and apply one, but in saying that, to what depth do I prepare each? Or should I just spend 5mins in the exam thinking of a story and then just write it and just spend more time preparing for the essay?

Capt Rifle

HSC
Prepare creatives that satisfy many concepts of belonging, i.e. acceptance, understanding, identity and relationships.

They should be 700 - 900 words imo.

Also be sure to check the syllabus rubric

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
dont go in without one prepared/idea prepared.
have the belonging rubric out and see the different aspects of belonging ( place, time,family, choices to belong etc..)
and characterise your protagonist around one of these central elements.
try write up a few good phrases/sentences with a lot of techniques( allusion, imagery, intertextuality) and memorise those so u can have some nice shit in ur piece
it'll be hard to think of techniques and stuff under all that pressure and time constraint.

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
also if u have time then it'll be good to prepare a whole creative... but im not sure if u have the time/bothered for that...
so just think of a mad idea, memorise a few paragraphs filled with techniques and shiet
and bs the rest on the day
all d best son

Magical Kebab

HSC
also if u have time then it'll be good to prepare a whole creative... but im not sure if u have the time/bothered for that...
so just think of a mad idea, memorise a few paragraphs filled with techniques and shiet
and bs the rest on the day
all d best son
Thanks bro

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
For the love of god

Please, please, PLEASE use lots of SYNONYMS for belonging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)