Preparing for Uni Commerce (1 Viewer)

james_vladmamir

HSC
I've always been one of those people who is VERY slow at learning. I've been struggling all through high school, so I think if I start my uni stuff early, it might be a little easier for me in university.

My question is, is there anyway in which I can start my uni stuff early for commerce? Anything that I can read off the textbook? Any old lecture recordings? Or if anyone has their notes and is willing to share them, that'll be great!

Thanks in advance

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got stuff if you want- PM me your address and I can send you stuff to read. Although it's probably best to wait until uni starts since lecturers change course syllabus very last minute.. and when I say last minute, I mean, right before the lecture sometimes!

If it helps, for B Comm

ECON1101 Microeconomics: If you haven't studied eco before, try to learn about supply/demand and so on... if you have, read about topics like advantages (absolute/relative), the formulae for calculating them, price discrimination, and the economic news in general.

ECON1202 QMA: You'll learn all the necessary formulae in uni, but if you're googling.. look up "Present Value", "Future Value" formula... also known as Sinking Fund, Net Present Value, etc... and try to understand the concept as to what these are and why they are important. Also make sure you remember your basic calculus stuff (integration/differentiation).

ACCT1501 Accounting 1A: there's nothing like it in high school. Unless you've studied Debits and Credits before; just wait until they teach you in uni.

LEGT1711 Legal Environment of Commerce (this was my elective): Learn the history of Australian law/parliament/etc..., the court system, big cases (Mabo!), and basic stuff like that...

Hope this helps!

Affinity

HSC
have you holidays.. your enthusiasm is gonna burn out if you start this early. If you are really keen, go up to the lecturers and ask about the text books and check out the bookshop for companion notes.

Last edited:

Capitalist

HSC
I too agree the best preparation for any university semester is take a big break.

If you're really keen, go to the UNSW bookshop website, type in the course code, find the textbooks in the library, and read them.

srkrox

HSC
what preparation can be done for FINS 1612?

also, do we need to know probability topics for any of the subjects? if so, 2U probability or 3U?

HSC
just chillax guys, provided you attend all your lectures/tutorials and if youre a keen kid go too pass you will probably finish with D average at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)