prestige (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is the **** prestige of mac (seen as much lower by many students), compared to the ***** prestige of syd, going to limit job prospects?

edit: stars = stars out of 5, not swear words!

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Not really, because if you're crap and you go to USyd, you're not going to get a job anyway. Whereas, if you're good and you're going to get a job anyway, going to MQ doesn't hurt you. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i agree
and also, what about the training. if a course is know to be better at usyd, is going to mac going to limit jobs?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
In short, no. Same sort of argument as above, if you get poor grades at USyd and mediocre at MQ, it's probably more likely they'll chose the one from MQ.

I'm not to sure about the international scene, tho.

N

ND

But why would you get shit marks at usyd and good marks at macq? Would the course at usyd be harder?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i have the same dilemma
i want to goto MAQ but everyone keeps telling me I should goto Sydney because it's such a great university blah blah etc but i rekon i'll be depressed there...

MAQUARIE ALL THE WAY!!
i think?? i'm still deciding... u know for arts and social science the uai cut off is higher at MAQ then at sydney

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
In short, no. Same sort of argument as above, if you get poor grades at USyd and mediocre at MQ, it's probably more likely they'll chose the one from MQ.

I'm not to sure about the international scene, tho.
Originally posted by ND
But why would you get shit marks at usyd and good marks at macq? Would the course at usyd be harder?
I was just making the point that the University makes no real difference, in terms of jobs; well not enough to be significant.

They aren't harder or easier.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by clairegirl
i have the same dilemma
i want to goto MAQ but everyone keeps telling me I should goto Sydney because it's such a great university blah blah etc but i rekon i'll be depressed there...

MAQUARIE ALL THE WAY!!
i think?? i'm still deciding... u know for arts and social science the uai cut off is higher at MAQ then at sydney
well everyone's telling me to go to mac because it's better for many reasons, (travel, i know the campus etc.) but i am just worried about jobs. everytime someone forgets mac i remind them, just to find out why they keep forgetting about it! the truth is that it IS one of the 4 major unis in nsw (probably the 4th) and it is well known. i am not worried about international jobs, just here. i just hope i don't get knocked back because i went to mac, but at the same time if i don't enjoy myself at syd i will have a crap time anyway and not do well anyway hmmmmm

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
heyy

well i just told my relo's my uai n dat.... and i told em i wanted to goto maq and they're like..."thats a really good university" but then i told em which uni i shud goto dey're like sydney is where heaps of smart people goto.....

hahaha

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by clairegirl
heyy

well i just told my relo's my uai n dat.... and i told em i wanted to goto maq and they're like..."thats a really good university" but then i told em which uni i shud goto dey're like sydney is where heaps of smart people goto.....

hahaha
yeah, so is it stereotype, or is it going to affect me?!?!! argh!! well i think i will go to mac for convenience and many other reasons which i can't be bothered to type.

HSC
yeah same ere... travel is like 20 minutes...
but wen i say i want to go to maq every1 goes no go to unsw or usyd they are better... i'm like totally confused :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by zaijan_85
yeah same ere... travel is like 20 minutes...
but wen i say i want to go to maq every1 goes no go to unsw or usyd they are better... i'm like totally confused :(
hence my thread
Originally posted by flyin'
A Uni. is like a High School, in some ways.
hmmmm, i want to decide what i am doing tomorrow!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)