Price of food rising? (2 Viewers)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
its harder to find them bagettes this year.... not too many around since everything was privatised

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Those baguettes were a rip-off! Everything (except hot chocolate which seems to have gotten better) has gone up in price! Coffee, tea and hot choc have gone down to $2.15 coz we get an extra 5% disc. for being a student (I think its an extra 10% if you're staff).

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Which one? The one that does bubble milk tea?

I never go to that one. I buy the pre-made avo+chicken+lettuce roll, and it's always been the same price.
no the one next to it
well the pre mades are probably the same
but the "make your own sandwich" has increased

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
the make your own sandwich place there now sucks majorly compared to the old one. Yeah it may be more higenic, but its a rip off. No longer can i get a good sandwich for $2.50. I hate the whole per fillings thing.

But on that note.. the price increases, does it REALLY matter. I mean its just a few cents here and there, yeah we are poor uni students but surely you can afford an extra 10c for your lunch.

Whats the go with the chocolate place though? does it ever open?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, it opened for a few weeks, but was shut down due to its inability to provide profit, and replaced by the Laptop Rental centre.

OT: Hey did you drop PHIL246 havent seen you in there in ages :(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
laptop rental centre? fucken! i now have no where to go for random chocolate cravings. Yeah there are the machines and the newsagency but who can be bothered to go to them once you are in the foodcourt. Pft.

Yeah i dropped. Turns out that ive already done two 200 level subjects and you only need 6cp elective at 200 level so i was doing it for no reason and although i was tempted to keep it for interest sake, i realised that a subject with an assessment ever couple of weeks is just not worth doing just to do it. I miss it though, even though i only went to a couple of weeks, it seemed like it would be fun.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe ah i see :)

Yeah it is, but yeah, no point if you dont need it, not worth another 400 bucks on hecs debt ;)

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Yeah it is, but yeah, no point if you dont need it, not worth another 400 bucks on hecs debt ;)
hecs debt, ey... *Thinks about buying all this crap on hecs, and then fleeing the country*

Tabris

HSC
Roast beef + chips and gravy + can oke coke now 8:30, could have swaorn it was 7 something a couple of weeks ago. I have to get my card soon..... or its time to walk to macq centre and grab 4 large sushi rolls for 7.00

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
$5 for a small fruit salad from the upstairs cafeteria :(
delivered/ in plastic bag/ not fresh sushi rolls =.="
kebab made of thick chunks of beef,wrap loosely and falls appart as you eat.. not happy jane

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nvm... did you get permission from that guy in your sig to use his sexy photo?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Komaticom said:
The price of food has always been rising, and that's not limited to Macq.
I remember when a Maccas Soft Serve was only 5 cents, now it's, what? 20 cents?
It's outrageous!
it was never 5c! it was 20c and is now 50c - more outrageous!

CrashOveride

HSC
Tabris said:
Roast beef + chips and gravy + can oke coke now 8:30, could have swaorn it was 7 something a couple of weeks ago. I have to get my card soon..... or its time to walk to macq centre and grab 4 large sushi rolls for 7.00
where do u get this roast beef etc etc

i usualy go to that shop where they give the daily telegraph ...some random chicken nuggets and chips 7$ ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)