• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pride and Prejudice (1 Viewer)

HSC
just to annoy whoever started up the anti austen thread - i am going to go an about how i love one of books (or moreso its adaptation)

i know they always show it on tv - but does anyone else love the pride and prejudice mini series with colin firth

its on foxtel at the moment and i am once again addicted!

and as far as keira knightly playing lizzy bennet in the upcoming film - i am heavily opposed i think she will do a crap job at it! :vcross:

rific

HSC
Hey, I started that other thread, and it was mostly about authors you don't like, I just kicked it off on a high note. And hey, I had to study the adaptation in yr 11 or 12, I thought it was well made and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I just can NOT stand reading Austen.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
colin firth is and always will be the best Mr Darcy. keira knightley shall surely suck the big one as Elizabeth Bennett.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ooooo YES another pride and prejudice thread :) p&p is awesometastic. the mini-series got me hooked somethin shockin.. i wish they would show it again :) mmm colin firth..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
HAHA rep to the starter of the thread. I love the mini series (currently only on tape cos the DVD is horribly over priced...or at least i think so :p) and the book.....darcy..mmmmm

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah but i think the wet shirt scene is so overrated :p seriously

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think its overrated cause we talked about it so much in the P&P miniseries thread :) whoopsies! hes still one almighty sex god tho!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I like the part where's he was trying to be all nice and friendly again and show in 4 minutes flat that he's a nice guy. the bit when mr and mrs gardner and lizzy are at pemberly...:D

viviena

rawr.
HSC
something_funny said:
and as far as keira knightly playing lizzy bennet in the upcoming film - i am heavily opposed i think she will do a crap job at it! :vcross:
Hmm. I wonder who's playing Mr. Darcy then? I don't think anybody could surpass Colin Firth's portrayal, but I'm always open to pleasant surprises. :D

(A fan of both the book and the mini-series here. :))

malkin86

HSC
I think that Kiera Knightly will do an alright job as being Lizzy - she's a free spirit, like Lizzy and she likes those kind of roles. That just leaves the question as to who can fill Colin Firth's underwear... (the clothes he wears in the wet shirt scene are the underwear of the time.. sort of like you seeing a guy coming out of the pond in his wet boxer shorts....)

To have the whole book in a film though I don't think will do it justice - some parts would have to be cut out. I hope they make the cousin odious again. :devil:

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I've never finished reading p&p before. I always start reading a book and if i don't finish it then, i start reading it the next time from the start. Bad habit i guess.

Personally, i don't find colin firth attractive at all...better run before i get attacked! :p

alien

HSC
i've read it twice. or maybe 3 times? :) i have the mini series on dvd though :D i watched it again last week. go colin firth!
o and Bride and Prejudice ruled, i thought.

persephone

HSC
i love pride and prejudice. it gives you a nice happy warm glowing feeling after you read it. and not a keira knightley fan. she is not elizabeth bennet.

Trev

stix
HSC
in my opinion, and many others, pride and prejudice is shite, i watched the mini series so i could (hopefully) understand the book more, rather a fell asleep multiple times [but what i did watch, helped lol]

ishq

brown?
HSC
You are male.
You cannot appreciate Colin Firth!
:D

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
ishq said:
he is the epitome of class!
I don't know him personally (and am assuming you don't either) so i don't know how classy he is or is not. He's an actor, it's his job to pretend....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)