Principal forbidding us to drop a subject (1 Viewer)

sourmilk

HSC
So the time has come where I'm ready to drop food tech like a hot potato, I've spent the entire year learning shit but enjoy the practical element of food tech and already had plans to drop food tech since I considered this as the least important class to me.

However, my principal implemented this new rule where the current year 11's are not allowed to drop subjects until next year.... can she even do this, is there an actual viable reason as to why she can do this? Is it basically so we can choose the actual right subjects to drop when we get out first HSC assessment results back?

Also do you recommend dropping a subject you know you wont like right now or drop it when you get your first lot of results? I seriously don't like food tech and the scaling for it is a tragedy.

Flop21

HSC
Sucks that this is the actual principal, because in situations like these I would recommend going to the person above them.

Maybe you could ring up the BOS? I've heard they are helpful in situations like this, just ask if this is allowed.

We had a similar rule start of year 11, if we wanted to change our subjects we had to wait 2 weeks or some crap for some unknown reason (year advisor was enforcing this). I even had my parents email her and she sent some smartass response back. So then I just went to the principal and he changed my subjects right then and there lol.

sourmilk

HSC
fuck man, that sucks... If i had business studies for an extra 3 months, i will quite literally rip my eyeballs out and send it to god as a tribute to bail me outta business. Yea ring bos, stir dat shit up
and fkn food tech cost the most out of all my subjects... fml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)