Printer NOT working! ~Please help regarding printer spooner service! (1 Viewer)

Jake Matthews

HSC
My computer was infected by the virus, Security Tool 2011, a few days ago. Now the virus is gone (as far as I know at least) however I cannot use the printer for some reason. I think it has something to do with the virus. Anyway, how can I fix this problem and print? Whenever I try to print a message displays saying that a printer has not been installed. It then gives me an option of installing one however another message then pops up and says that the "printer spooler service is not running". What does this mean? How can I fix this problem? It is very annoying.

I also tried going to the site, http://www.technipages.com/fix-for-the-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-error.html, and following the instructions listed however it did not work.

When I got to step 2, I double-clicked the printer spooler service icon however the startup type was already in automatic. Also straight after I right clicked the printer spooler service icon and pressed 'start' a message popped up saying:

"Could not start the Printer Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

I also tried going to Control Panel --> Printers and other Hardware --> Printers and Faxes

however there was nothing in there. Please somebody help me. What should I do?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Not download viruses in the first place.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
If there was nothing in printers and faxes I would try install the printer again (best to do it via the install discs you got originally)

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Or if worse comes to worse, back up and reformat your computer this will basically give u sorta a clean slate, but you will loose anythin you haven't backed up. After that reinstall your printer (printer came with a cd), install that and it should work

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
As above, try to reinstall it using the install disks that came with the printer, or if you don't have them, try to download the drivers from online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)