• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PRIOR - Is it worth it? (2 Viewers)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kaylz said:
I've heard about this Prior tutoring place in Sydney, and was wondering if anybody on here has done it?
Ive heard of it. I dont know much about it but im sure its tough.

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
I went to a consultation and i asked about their guarantee, they said there is no guarantee however they guarantee they will help you as much as they can.

P

pLuvia

No place can guarantee anything, it's only if the student co-operates then they can show some progress, but all I know is that they "expel" you if you become a bludger, or truant classes, and no money refund.

P

pLuvia

yeh same here, my friend told me that. That's a good agreement resulting in good working environment :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I love prior! Only because I enjoy maths and pretty good at it and that's what i'm doing there :D. I get about 13 pages of hw average every week for maths x so yeah, it is quite alot of hw added to your school work, but it has helped me heaps since i last joined at the beginning of term 3 this year. Here's my advice: Prior is for those that have an intelligent mind and are prepared to dedicate more time to improving their exam marks and achieve a high-very high UAI. It is a place for learning and you can make friends there. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the tutors there are all ex-students of prior and have all achieved excellent results in their hsc and can teach much more effectively as a result. So I urge you to sign up and join in! :)

P

pLuvia

I don't think the teachers are ex-hsc students though right?, their are workshops that are the ex-hsc students?? Because that's really awkard :confused:

I would love to go but the cost is like beyond belief :(
But i understand what you mean, but I go to North Shore Coaching College pretty good :)

Mr.Bark

what the hell...
HSC
hahaha....no some ex-hsc students "progress" to become fully-fledged tutors...i have rob so i dont worry but occasionally an "ex-hsc" student will fill in...and riviet no offence but the spiel that u just delivered is not that realistic i have been there since term 2 and it is not what id say "the perfect" working environment...no there is screaming insults and all your friends being expelled not to mention the ultra-competitive environment...hmmmm why is it when we get out results back the whole class suddenly arrives on time??? and then tells me my result before i even lay eyes on them...i must admit there is alot of what you could call positivity floating around...and im sure there are people who have become good friends from prior but my advice its all down to your own ethos i know it may sound cliché but no teacher can implant the ideas into your head, alot of institutionalized students realize this all too late and its either burn or survive, so carefully review your own commitments before shelling out a few grand

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Mr.Bark, u go to bondi or the chatswood one? Lol, I never said 'perfect working environment'. I implied it was a good learning environment. And i don't seem to feel what you call the ultra-competitive environment xD. Actually you probably would go to bondi because rob teaches there. It's alot more peaceful at chatswood prior. So people, come to the chatswood one if you decide to sign up for prior :)

Mr.Bark

what the hell...
HSC
do i know you lol...your account sounded too sugary...soz take the quote as an underline...is chatswood really that good?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well, i personally enjoy it at chatswood. It's alot smaller at chatswood i think, i asked af friend today that goes to bondi and he says it's pretty big at bondi. We are on level 9 of a building so you can imagine it's not the most spacious learning environment but I sure am improving my maths there. :)
P.S Unless you go to chatswood on sunday, i don't think i know you xD

Last edited:

klaw

HSC
$5000 per subject... what the fuck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)