• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Private or public? (1 Viewer)

alto-angle

HSC
i don't think it is really a case of private v's public i mean i went to a public school for yr 11 and now i am sitting my hsc at a private school. in my experience the only thing that changes was my attitude towards the work. like my fees are really really expensive now. but it is my work ethic that has changed. i don't think that the teachers work harder at a private school or that the students are more snobby. the students know that they have to work and that is all there is to it.

i work harder now that i attend a private school because that is what is expected. all the students work harder...

*emi*

HSC
well i went to a selective school from 7-10..
but i got really sick of it because everyone was so competitive and had no life haha and it was just really bugging me so i moved to private
not sure if it was the best move or not..
for sure i have heaps of awesome friends, but my marks are probably suffering especially with the extra travel
its annoying though.. because i'm like oh no i got below 90% in an exam.. and everyone looks at me... and was like well at least you passed.. and then i feel really guilty!!!

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
well i went to a selective school from 7-10..
but i got really sick of it because everyone was so competitive and had no life haha and it was just really bugging me so i moved to private
not sure if it was the best move or not..
for sure i have heaps of awesome friends, but my marks are probably suffering especially with the extra travel
its annoying though.. because i'm like oh no i got below 90% in an exam.. and everyone looks at me... and was like well at least you passed.. and then i feel really guilty!!!
Well I think being competitive has its good aspects as you are forced to work harder, therefore allowing to have the bragging rights when you beat your fellow classmates.. :D

*emi*

HSC
but to the extent where people dont share notes, marks, information, NOTHING..
a tad extreme if you ask me

vorahk

HSC
you double posted, might want to delete one ^^, whos this.. students from public or private?

hah thats why you have BOS :D

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
but to the extent where people dont share notes, marks, information, NOTHING..
a tad extreme if you ask me
Aaahh.. at my school it is more friendly competition.
Think about it, if we all help each other out and everyone's marks are high, then the whole class's marks are boosted, therefore we all get high UAIs. :)

What a wonderful world that will be.

vorahk

HSC
hey i never thought it that way lol, nice...

however there is also this attitude:

why should i do all the work, and give it to other ppl who havnt been bothered doing their own?

*emi*

HSC
yes what a wonderful world that would be...
i like my current school though (private) people are better to be around
bos is brilliant haha - but lacking ecos prelim exams
not that i could be bothered doing practise exams for yearlies..
GRR LACK OF MOTIVATION
em's verdict - private for a more rounded education

*emi*

HSC
yes its all girls...
can be SO ANNOYING sometimes..
but its good because you can act like TOTAL IDIOTS and no guys are to see you HAHA
its bad in maths though.. because i'm kind of good at maths... but i like the guys in maths to really push you.. i am coming 2nd in maths with a mark of 67% :S

vorahk

HSC
omg.. imagine all girls with pms at once, lmao

and do you hear a lot of girls screaming coz of a bug or something idiotic like that?

my friend goes to a all girls private school, the guys (from the school, next to theirs)
put a frog in their bathrooms and boy, 2 seconds later they all ran out screaming on top of their lungs etc etc being girly and all.

*emi*

HSC
haha yep that does tend to happen..
i look at them oddly - used to hanging out with the guys lol
i wish there was like a boys school near mine though... like we dont have a guys group that we hang around with... and we REALLY NEED ONE
em x

IceOnFire

HSC
vorahk said:
my friend goes to a all girls private school, the guys (from the school, next to theirs)
put a frog in their bathrooms and boy, 2 seconds later they all ran out screaming on top of their lungs etc etc being girly and all.
HAHAHA!! :rofl:
Personally I would never go to a all girls school.
It would just never be the same without the boys, or should I say the young men.. ;)

*emi*

HSC
it does mean you can be really silly at lunch though...
e.g. giving each other piggy backs around the playground HAHA soo funny
we had a massive school excursion yesterday... for st vincents day... and we were getting soo into it running around flying these kites we had made, and face painting, and bobbing for apples LOL!!
stuff that you wouldnt normally do if you knew guys were watching you.. haha

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
it does mean you can be really silly at lunch though...
e.g. giving each other piggy backs around the playground HAHA soo funny
we had a massive school excursion yesterday... for st vincents day... and we were getting soo into it running around flying these kites we had made, and face painting, and bobbing for apples LOL!!
stuff that you wouldnt normally do if you knew guys were watching you.. haha
I would still do them.. :D
Lolz I am shameless..
It seems like you guys had fun.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)