• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Private/Public Schools (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
i think the best public school uniform award has to go to hornsby girls.

ahahahhaah.

Zephyrio

HSC
It's like having to walk in a potato sack. Lulz, doesn't HGHS have striped dresses with blue jumpers? It's an alright uniform.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
bansdontwork said:
i think the best public school uniform award has to go to hornsby girls.

ahahahhaah.
HAHAHAHA

hornsby's junior summer uniform for the motherfucking win, I'd like to see anyone try to beat our beige puffy-sleeved potato sack look.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
my school uniform is grey shorts, white shirt, black shoes, green hat.

i wear trackpants( there grey, but not allowed), a white shirt, covered with my nice bright blue jjumper, and slip on vans.

also i wear a red headband.
im bad ass

private school uniforms are quite uncomfortable, expecially the 'wear blazer entire journey home rule!!!

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
welcome to the vans club aaron.

i wear a white polo + grey shorts + vans, vans aren't allowed at my school because of the canvas but because i refuse to something with a leather toe this insane old man who my school employed calls me "MR CANVAS!!!!!" and every single morning tells me to "LEATHER UP BOY".

i'd leather him up if you get my drift (note, if you don't, i mean put him in a gimp suit and go to town)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
bansdontwork said:
welcome to the vans club aaron.

yeeeew, there not allowed at mine either, but what are they gonna do lol

i'd leather him up if you get my drift (note, if you don't, i mean put him in a gimp suit and go to town)

lol

each morning my roll call teacher writes my name on paper, and tells me to stop, yet it goes no further then that, its like writing my name is the punishment.

they dont even care that much in y12 now

ps this what the alphabet would look like if q and r were eliminated

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
whoa you fucked that quote and post up.

haha yeah, i'm meant to be a role model but fuck off i'm not wearing leather shoes, i get these little uniform passes every morning because my roll call teacher is a bitch :(

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
bansdontwork said:
whoa you fucked that quote and post up.
i know, i suck.
see what happens when i go on holidays.
dont go on holidays, unless your hot and are going to the same place as me.

EDIT: hot & female.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
My school shoes are sexy, I don't care if I've yet to meet a person who hasn't ragged on them, I NEED that heel okay.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Private > Public

Go to Institut Le Rosey and tell me otherwise:)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Institut Le Rosey is secular ^_^

bassistx

HSC
Public schools create communities. They gather people together. They have talent shows and art showcases. I've been to 2 different private schools and my younger brother and sister went to yet another different private school. None of them had anything artistic or extra-curricular at all. With private schools, none of the parents hung around to chat. They just take their kids and drive off. With public schools, I don't know, it just seems more friendly - if that's the right word. Parents chat and the kids are allowed to stay behind after school to play on the monkey bars. Mind you, in all 3 mentioned private schools, none had a playground. In fact, we didn't have an oval. There was a small strip of grass which was fenced off and that was it. We weren't allowed to run around because the "playground" was all cement. And they have some really stupid rules. I got sent to the principal because it was really hot and I put my head under the bubbler - big deal!
My primary (public) school is fantastic. It's huge, so damn huge, and it has the best teachers ever. Even when we moved away, we caught the bus for 40min to go to that school. The private primary up the road, which my bro & sis attended had a pool, but what use is it if your lunch break is 15-25min? It's really a waste of money.
My current (public) high school has heaps of facilities, one of the best schools in the state. Talk about them later lol.

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
You are making extremely broad statements, you/your siblings went to shitty private schools.

Every private school I have been to has had a massive oval, countless extra curricular activites and active p&c's, you can't generalise this okay? It would be like me saying "all public schools have regular murders" because of a murder that happened a few years ago.

Some private schools may be bad, some are good. Exactly the same with public schools, but seriously - the ones your talking about sound terrible - no oval or playground? Yeah, that is REALLY the case for all private schools, a lack of facilities.

Just give up ok? Even though I now go to a public and am fine with it, what you're saying is ridiculous.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
ccc123 said:
Mine too. Hence, I go to a public school. Nevertheless, I'm truly surviving without a marching uniform and underground car-park (which kings also has)
Check out Sydney Grammar...

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i don't think sydney grammer/sydney boys ect should count as public schools.

public schools are badass, like my leume high, where people smoke everywhere.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
I've been to 2 different private schools and my younger brother and sister went to yet another different private school. None of them had anything artistic or extra-curricular at all. With private schools, none of the parents hung around to chat. They just take their kids and drive off. With public schools, I don't know, it just seems more friendly - if that's the right word. Parents chat and the kids are allowed to stay behind after school to play on the monkey bars. Mind you, in all 3 mentioned private schools, none had a playground. In fact, we didn't have an oval. There was a small strip of grass which was fenced off and that was it. We weren't allowed to run around because the "playground" was all cement. And they have some really stupid rules. I got sent to the principal because it was really hot and I put my head under the bubbler - big deal!
My primary (public) school is fantastic. It's huge, so damn huge, and it has the best teachers ever. Even when we moved away, we caught the bus for 40min to go to that school. The private primary up the road, which my bro & sis attended had a pool, but what use is it if your lunch break is 15-25min? It's really a waste of money.
My current (public) high school has heaps of facilities, one of the best schools in the state. Talk about them later lol.
I call bullshit:)

The povest private school I went to had:

*4 ovals
*2 full soccer fields/posts etc, 2 cricket ovals, netball court, volleyball courts
*lap pool
*playgrounds (I didn't know they had schools without them???)
*And yes, many of the parents stayed back to chat and the kids still got to play together...?
*extra curricular activities - drama clubs, music groups, sports teams, athletics teams, swimming teams, etc etc etc

It really sounds like you've never been to a private school.

Zephyrio

HSC
risole91 said:
i don't think sydney grammer/sydney boys ect should count as public schools.

public schools are badass, like my leume high, where people smoke everywhere.
Sydney Grammar is not a public school. Sydney Boys is.

@Bassistx
I don't think you should be presumptuously claiming that all private schools suck because the one your siblings went to did.

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
Wtf? Sydney Grammar is a public school? Their fees are like 22k a year.

oh nevermind

$@/\/\

HSC
well i go to a private school and i wish i went to a public one... at least public schools let you do whatever hsc courses you want and there are no compulsory ones other than english!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)