Private/Social costs of logging rainforests (1 Viewer)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
sgt said:
shit i just said social cost is pollution
and private cost is having to drive in a hot bulldozer all day ...
will i get ne marks?
ahahahaha that bulldozer shit is funny shit!!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
o no..
i put the private and social costs associated with logging...as in not during logging but after logging... i dunno if that makes sense

private costs: that costs of timber would rise for both consumers and producers as timber resources become scarce
social costs: losses to the tourism industry due to loss of aesthetics, air degradation, loss of biodiversity/habitat destruction..

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
nah lol sorry its not, at least u got the social cost bit rite which = externalities... eg pollution as u said.
private costs is anything that the producer has to spend money on. ie. costs of production eg. cost of labour, cost of machinery, cost of insurance, cost of safety equipment etc etc

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
matt_f64 said:
nah lol sorry its not, at least u got the social cost bit rite which = externalities... eg pollution as u said.
private costs is anything that the producer has to spend money on. ie. costs of production eg. cost of labour, cost of machinery, cost of insurance, cost of safety equipment etc etc
o cmon :p but more expensive resources do become a cost incurred by the producer and consumer, and are represented by the price mechanism and.. and..um o i give up
omg i shud just get over the eco exam .. hehe :)

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
wat was needed to obtain the full 5 marks for the conflicting goals of economic growth and preserving the environment.

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
kunny funt said:
wat was needed to obtain the full 5 marks for the conflicting goals of economic growth and preserving the environment.
Economic growth would require more production, more production requires more production facilities i.e factories, more factories leads to more pollution, more pollution leads to degradation of the environment.
So you can see the conflict between pursuing economic growth and the preservation of the environment. Expand on that a bit more and crap on a little more and bleh...

*Erika*

HSC
ay_caramba said:
o no..
i put the private and social costs associated with logging...as in not during logging but after logging... i dunno if that makes sense

private costs: that costs of timber would rise for both consumers and producers as timber resources become scarce
social costs: losses to the tourism industry due to loss of aesthetics, air degradation, loss of biodiversity/habitat destruction..
ah i did the same thing with private costs, talked about AFTER the logging...dammit....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)