Problem with (future) chem teacher (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I know that this teacher, of whom i will not name, most likely is going to teach the chemistry course next year (the year i will be doing it). He is one of the worst teachers ever! I am not talking about his personality, i am talking about his teachings and his knowledge.

I have herd first hand that he gives his students these stupid photo-copied workbooks. He bans all questions! He doesn't know what he is talking about half the time, and the other half he puts on a video - most of them having nothing to do with the topic at hand or chemistry at all!

I don't mean to insult him, and its not that i have a grudge against him. Its just that i have high aspirations and i want to succeed in chemistry. I know, i know; i could just teach myself and do well or its not the teacher who will do the test. But it would be a hell of a lot easier if I had someone who could teach real chemistry! I dont want to spend most of my time (which i could use on another course) learning all the material because i have a crap teacher.

So my question is, how do i get a different teacher to teach the course next year?

Also, might i add, that almost every teacher in our school hates this teacher, and, in fact, the last teacher to stand up and confront him about how shit a teacher he is, was relocated to a different school!!! And this crap teacher is the head teacher of science!!!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
umm there is nothing you can really do about that.
Maybe just hope for the best that he won't be your chemistry teacher. :lol: since you said it yourself that " most likely is going to teach the chemistry course next year". :shouting:

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
umm there is nothing you can really do about that.
Maybe just hope for the best that he won't be your chemistry teacher. :lol: since you said it yourself that " most likely is going to teach the chemistry course next year". :shouting:
Well, its more definite... unless some kind of... 'freakish'... accident... happened :uhoh:

But seriously, there are 2 teachers that do chemistry and they alternate each year, this year it is the other teacher for year 11, next year (my year) it will be the shit teacher!

Could i contact the board of studies?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Well, its more definite... unless some kind of... 'freakish'... accident... happened :uhoh:

But seriously, there are 2 teachers that do chemistry and they alternate each year, this year it is the other teacher for year 11, next year (my year) it will be the shit teacher!

HAHA

err you can try contacting the board of studies..but i doubt it will get them to do anything about it.

Don't worry about it..you are still in year 10 man ...you have plenty of time...

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Change schools maybe?

I mean it can't be such a fantastic school anyway if this clown is head of science.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
There is not much you can do. You will have to learn mostly by yourself in that case. Yes, it's a disadvantage to you however, nothing is fair in life. You have to work for it harder if something works against you.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about it..you are still in year 10 man ...you have plenty of time...
I have plenty of time for what?...

Change schools maybe?

I mean it can't be such a fantastic school anyway if this clown is head of science.
I have though about this but it is really hard to find a school (in such a rural area) that can accommodate my abstract acceleration. They are probably better schools, but i have to weigh up losing my acceleration for a slightly better teacher?

I think i can still do well in my subjects, its just i will have to work alot harder :p

I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as to how i would not have this bad teacher for chem?

me121

Premium Member
HSC

the Board of Studies is there to administer the curriculum, administer the HSC and SC, and among other things authorise private schools. It is not in their jurisdiction to look after these kinds of matters. That aspect is left to your school system (eg. DET, CSSA, the school, etc....). If there are multiple classes for that subject taught by different teachers you could try to change class, otherwise you could talk to your deputy principle about the matter.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
I have a similar problem with my physics teacher. He is the only one who teaches physics at my school (small school). IF you are going to have him, might aswell do another subject. e.g 90 in ancient is way better than 70 in chem, after you put all the effort in.

rolror88

HSC
N/A

Will year 12 alternate? i.e. you don't get that bad teacher for year 12 ? ~ Cause that's the year that counts. Anyways, even if he's a bad teacher, you can self-teach/revise work yourself.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
What if i talked to the Department of Education?

Would a petition work?

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Hi,

I know that this teacher, of whom i will not name, most likely is going to teach the chemistry course next year (the year i will be doing it). He is one of the worst teachers ever! I am not talking about his personality, i am talking about his teachings and his knowledge.

I have herd first hand that he gives his students these stupid photo-copied workbooks. He bans all questions! He doesn't know what he is talking about half the time, and the other half he puts on a video - most of them having nothing to do with the topic at hand or chemistry at all!

I don't mean to insult him, and its not that i have a grudge against him. Its just that i have high aspirations and i want to succeed in chemistry. I know, i know; i could just teach myself and do well or its not the teacher who will do the test. But it would be a hell of a lot easier if I had someone who could teach real chemistry! I dont want to spend most of my time (which i could use on another course) learning all the material because i have a crap teacher.

So my question is, how do i get a different teacher to teach the course next year?

Also, might i add, that almost every teacher in our school hates this teacher, and, in fact, the last teacher to stand up and confront him about how shit a teacher he is, was relocated to a different school!!! And this crap teacher is the head teacher of science!!!
What a coincidence! My Chemistry teacher is just like that. She doesn't know what she's saying and she's full sexist and always favours the girls.

I'm just planning on self studying. If I have any troubles I'll just go have a chat with some of the other Chemistry teachers in my school who actually know what they're doing.

My friends are thinking of complaining to the Head Teacher but......

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
What if i talked to the Department of Education?

Would a petition work?
OMG, geez its not the end of the world.

They will laugh at you.

I had a crap Chem teacher, we finished the course barely 2 weeks before the HSC.

Stop crying and study on your own. If he is THAT bad, it might be a good thing, all your class goes bad, you get the top rank, you own the HSC.

You can do tutoring anyway, if you believe your teacher is that crap.

Edit: I know what school you go to and will be forwarding your message to the teacher. Im sure the teacher would love to know that "kurt" has some nice things to say about him :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)