Problems with pay (1 Viewer)

drunkontea

HSC
I recently startedd working with Strathfield and have had many problems about the pay. Firstly they paid me 3 weeks late after promising me on three occasions to pay. After I got my first payslip today I find out that they have paid lower than what they told me they would pay when I went to the interview and they have not paid me penalty rates for saturdays and sundays. I checked my payslip and saw 103 hours multiplied by my normal rate of pay. I am gonna bring my payslip tomorrow and confront them about this, and I'm wondering what legal action I can take if this does not get sorted out. Help will be greatly appreciated thanx

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
drunkontea said:
I recently startedd working with Strathfield and have had many problems about the pay. Firstly they paid me 3 weeks late after promising me on three occasions to pay. After I got my first payslip today I find out that they have paid lower than what they told me they would pay when I went to the interview and they have not paid me penalty rates for saturdays and sundays. I checked my payslip and saw 103 hours multiplied by my normal rate of pay. I am gonna bring my payslip tomorrow and confront them about this, and I'm wondering what legal action I can take if this does not get sorted out. Help will be greatly appreciated thanx
Firstly you need to point it out to them. Say clearly what has happened, basically tell them what you have said here. See what they say, see if it happens again. They might be some reason why its happened (its not likely to be good enough, but if they fix it up, give them the benefit of the doubt, unless it happens again).

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
It could possibly be a pay-roll officers problem. Over the last few weeks they didn't pay me, rang them up- they said they'd put it into my account, but received no pay-slip (and it goes on), when they did pay me- they paid me under the normal rate.
You need to talk to your supervisor/boss if still probelm after discussing it with pay-roll officer or whoever deals with the payment at your work. If nothing happens and you can see it's not going to be fixed because they're lazy- or ignorant- you can ring the 'Work Relations' commisson. (There's two departments of industrial work relations. There's one at State level which you can find in the front of the phone book) or there's the Commonwealth department. (Don't ring or try and do this unless it's serious! Meaning they WONT pay you or there's a major dissagrement etc)
They've got complaint lines and so on. (warning, this takes AGESSSS!!!)

Note: If you're working as an apprentice in a apprentaship you will need to contact your Apprentiship centre, and they can help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)