process log.... (1 Viewer)

SUNIL

HSC
can anyone plz tell me how to structure the p[rocess log and what i should have in it...
i have been keeping a record of all of research since i started and i just wanna know how to present it?
an ideas?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
You should probably keep it in some sort of folder, with lots of plastic sleeves. That way its easy for the teacher to look through it and it's easy for you when you need to refer to some reseach you did earlier :)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Mines in a hardcover A4 book - research all stuck and in annotated and various journal entries thorughout saying how i think i'm going, ideas, ummm comments peopel have given me about my topic.
and every so often our teacher looks and will comment in there...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
HA! we have like 4 sheets of blank a4 paper stuck together and thats it! :p thats what everyone is using!

im using a thick a4 art book for mine though...:D ext eng 2 taught me alot of things before i dropped it...:)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ lol so most people are only gonna do 4 pages? i dunno how good it is but my sisters is like about 17 a4 pages or something ... dunno what she is writing in it

Nerissa

Gosh, I haven't even thought about my process log...I'm focusing on getting my proposal in by Wednesday and then perfecting my essay! Guess I'd better start...Hmmm, have become very adept at 'fudging' (my mum loves this term) diaries - did it for my ISP for SoR (got full marks) and for this English King Lear assessment (also got full marks). It does take up a lot of time though. SARAH - we got given about 4 A4 pages as well, except ours had a table on it with 'date', 'time spent' and 'description of activity'. I haven't spoken to our teacher about it...But is it really necessary to have a thick A4 book? Sure, it's worth 5 marks, but...I guess it's the perfectionist in you rearing its perfect face again lol...So what should I include? I have no idea about what Ext 2 English do for theirs, except that this one freak in my grade has filled 8 A4 books already (and its not even marked!)...I have copies of all my research. So, I should stick these in and annotate them - what does annotate mean? And the entries are just things like ideas I've had, problems I've encountered and how I solved them, changes in direction, etc.? Similar to the ISP diary (SoR - ers)? And is it just focussed on the essay itself or the entire project? Aahh, another thing to worry about! Why am I doing this subject again??
BTW, SARAH, what kind of major work were you going to do before you dropped Ext English? Or didn't you get that far?

Jennibeans

HSC
mines a lot like miss savage's its got notes & quotes & comments on how im progressing & draft essays. im also using the back as a running bibliography so i don't have to worry much bout writing that up before my project is due. anyone who hasn't written anything should probably start cuz its part of the mark and the teacher is supposed to check it every so often. i have an a4 250 page book and im about 1/3 of the way through it at the moment

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Nerissa
BTW, SARAH, what kind of major work were you going to do before you dropped Ext English? Or didn't you get that far?
yeah, i got that far :p just not any further :(

i had a mish mash of ideas but they just didnt interest me...and as time pressed on, i became more interested in ext hist leading me to neglect ext 2 so much that i dropped it cos it was too late to re write a proposal and report :(

my most concrete idea was american literature and the materialist historical period after the war...it was dull as dirt...

philly17

We just have these photocopied A 4 sheets with like activity , outcome and discussion in tiny boxes so u cant write much at all then u have to have 25 entries and I'm struggling on it plus there was this confusing part saying in the log u have to include peer, self and teacher remarks but it said include the interviews? wat the? 1 girl in my class has this huge A4 book full of crap she does ext2 eng as well but the other guy hasn't done much so Im pretty safe lol

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by philly17
plus there was this confusing part saying in the log u have to include peer, self and teacher remarks but it said include the interviews? wat the?
You'll probably find that during this coming term you'll be asked by your teachers for an interview, if you haven't already. We had two last term. They just want to check up on your progress, and generally take a quick look through your process log, so if you see a teacher, you write it down...I think thats basically what that box is for :)

R

randhi

yeh, even little things. so whether you had an interview or not, with a teacher in regard to your assignment then should write it down.
Originally posted by SUNIL

i have been keeping a record of all of research since i started and i just wanna know how to present it?
an ideas?
at the moment i'm using my laptop to write up my process log, its just easier and it means if i made a mistake i cant change it but its just alot more friendier. and also i have all my research, photocopies and etc in a folder with sleeves.

Jennibeans

HSC
Originally posted by philly17
this confusing part saying in the log u have to include peer, self and teacher remarks but it said include the interviews? wat the?
in my class we had to peer assess each others process logs. just make some sort of assessment of how they were going any suggestions etc. my log has been peer assessed three times and the teacher is supposed to see it and sign it as well

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Our process logs in our class are all different. The main thing is to show that you have done thework all yourself - basically how/why etc. you changed your focus, your question etc. It is.also a good idea to have in comments on your essay., drafts etc.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Dont forget that one of the most important parts is reflections (preferably throughout, but tack it on at the end at least) on history - ie. what history is, how ur views on it are changing/have changed, different historical methods and how easy they were to apply etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)