Productivity stuff? (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Do u guys have any suggestions for apps or tools I can use to make it easier to get work done/build habits/monitor progress/ staying organised etc??

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
i heard forest is good
i hate forest it's so unflexibly like idk if my tasks are going to flow linearly :(( and sometimes i end early and it guilt trips me i think i'm gonna use both @ the same time

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
what about timetable makers
I want to combine my uni ones, extracurricular and other stuff into one timetable but surely theres a better way than making it on excel which has limited functionality

Cute-Duckie

HSC
This is kinda sad but I actually use google docs as a calendar and to do list and assessment task tracker all in one. I just have a table sorted into school weeks, and I highlight squares and such if things are due and if days have passed and whatever. I kind of use it similar to most other apps out there that do the same thing (except I don't get reminders and such), but I find that it's easier visually for me and therefore I'm more inclined to use it.

At the end of the day I feel like there is no one 'best way' to prioritise or track your tasks or whatever, but it just has to be something that makes your brain spin round and that you actually look at. Try out a few different things and see what works best for you!

Cute-Duckie

HSC
The only app thing I use is Forest, but that's not for organisation and more for my own motivation :)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
what about timetable makers
I want to combine my uni ones, extracurricular and other stuff into one timetable but surely theres a better way than making it on excel which has limited functionality
excel works fine sounds like a skill issue

letter_k_2

HSC
Do u guys have any suggestions for apps or tools I can use to make it easier to get work done/build habits/monitor progress/ staying organised etc??
notion! their website has thousands of templates too

Chiprr

HSC
they also released a calendar app recently
I hate that its only available to ios, macOS, and windows. I moved to android 2 months ago and the lack of support for it sucks

Cute-Duckie

HSC
I hate that its only available to ios, macOS, and windows. I moved to android 2 months ago and the lack of support for it sucks
damn that dies suck
also why would they include google calendar if it doesn't support android like what

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
restarting this thread
Please list apps and stuff which help with productivity
e.g notion, todoist, forest
also other ones like whats the best notetaking app? microsoft word or is it better to use goodnotes or smth
best editing app? and stuff like that

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
restarting this thread
also other ones like whats the best notetaking app? microsoft word or is it better to use goodnotes or smth
so just a note before i list stuff: it's all personal preference so i'll add some extra info from what i've heard others say. also, the apps only build on top of your productivity — i don't think they 'enable' it

for notes: i use notion + diagrams.net but a lot of people say it's a bit annoying to use/learn. there's also obsidian but i think they're both really similar i just think notion looks nicer, but obsidian has like extensions and stuff. both have support for KaTeX (latex for web) in case you need equations

i prefer goodnotes as a app to do past papers on
it also depends — goodnotes might be better depending on how many handdrawn figures and stuff you need & it's more flexible

i would go ypt over forest & others bcz it seems more lively and you have a todolist and a bunch of other things built into the app

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
restarting this thread
Concepts
Onenote is good if you got iPad
Google calendar
YPT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)