Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

NickLG

HSC
ok i have to say im ganna be mega pissed if they haven't cut that many people, the way the woman who interviewed me made it out was that if we get short listed, the company then brings us in for an interview but its more of a consolidation interview if anything, only if they really don't like you will they turn you down after you get short listed.

it seems weird that no one on this forum didn't get short listed, and that at certain schools all the people who applied did. isn't the whole point of a short list anyway just that, to have a "short list" rather than this very extensive list that seems to be the case. i really wish the companies would hurry up and let us know what is going on!!!!!

<rant/end>

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

paperscissors

HSC
has anyone got their email from their company?
bnp sent me mine
i think there is more than one group interview
so im guessing alot of people got in
dam more competition
and heaps of people have gotte into zurich and westpac
like no1 for ubs

interesting....

yeah what do you think
oh and what determines you for a certain company????

emperor90

HSC
well just to make some of you feel a bit better, i did not get shortlisted for a company, im disappointed as it would of been a great experience to continue the interview process, but i've just found out, literally yesterday, that my family is moving back overseas (uk), i have chosen to go with them, i guess it all worked out for the best....

all though it would be interesting to know what i got rejected for, i know they said they wouldn't get feedback, but now ive been rejected i kinda want to know why!!

im not sure if my residency status was a factor, im a uk and nz citizen, a nz citizenship allows you to live and work in australia permanently, but i dont have an "official" permanant residency stamp, do you reckon that would affect it??!! either that or i completely fudged the interview, i was always a bit iffy about how it went!! lol another girl at my school got through to westpac tho.... haha

so far i seem to be the only one who got knocked back...ouch!!!

anyway good luck to everyone who got shortlisted, i'll continue to watch this thread lol!! i have no life!!!

IceOnFire

HSC
Hey congrats to all who got their second round interviews! For those who didn't, full time uni life will be an experience in itself. In regards to why so many ppl got shortlisted, perhaps they are expanding the cadetship program this year? You never really know who will get in so don't get overwhelmed by others who got more "credentials" than you.

You really shouldn't concern yourself with how many ppl the companies will take since its quality over quantity. Just for those who got in at BNPP, hope to see you there next year. :)

Last edited:

NickLG

HSC
If anyone has read the accounting cadetships forum you would already have seen my rant. if these applications are being held first week of holidays i am going to SPEW. the Big Four are holidays there's on that week, do they think we have no lives and don't go on holidays or something? can anyone from BNP (i read here that someone has already been contacted by BNP) tell me when they are being interviewed, I'm with UBS but i'm sure they'd be around the same time. do you think they will be accomodating and understanding to us going on holidays, cause PWC was and Deloitte wasnt..........what are your thoughts?

Nick

karnage

HSC
NickLeG said:
what are your thoughts?
Would have thought having the interview on school holidays would be more convinient for you? (more time for school, studying, doing assessments etc?)

NickLG

HSC
well i'm on holidays at the moment but the Big Four are obviously trying to fit it for private/public school holidays. for some i suppose it would be more convenient to have it during the holidays but isn't it an unfair assumption to assume that no one goes on holidays???

Nick

paperscissors

HSC
bnp contacted me like yesterday i think
or the day before
anyway
my interview is next tuesday
but they want to move it to sometime in the week of the 7th so that they get all the cadets at the same time

UBS person, when is your interview?
and how many people do you think they have shortlisted
because three people at my school got zurich then one got westpac and i got BNP
so there are alott of people on the zurich list
well thats the impression im under anyway

Yasaman

HSC
crap. didnt think that there would be that much competition, like yeah they were supposed to axe heaps of people. great, and if heaps of ppl got westpac and zurich, this is gonna be even tougher than the first round!!
damn, guess i gotta be super prepared.mmm

Last edited:

NickLG

HSC
I have no idea when my interview is, UBS hasn't contact me or my mate who both got shortlisted with them. It definately seems that there are more people, on these forums at least being shortlisted with Westpac and Zurich, only one person except me and my mate Ovaschool have been shortlisted with them on these forums, and people have said that people they know at their schools put UBS down as their preference but got given another company instead. Also, is it just me or has no one been short listed with QBE?

Nick

paperscissors

HSC
um yeah i recn
like everyone at my school put down ubs
and none of them got it
but i think in the long run
like as long as you get a company you should be really happy
because in essence they are all the same general thing
and they are all great companies
it just depends on what particular sector you are interested in
anywayy
yeah
im the only one from my school who has been contacted
so im guessing BNP is just trying to get everything done quickly
so yeah great
more interviews

jenecis

HSC
I'm just curious - why did so many people put down UBS as their preference?

jenecis

HSC
emperor90 said:
well just to make some of you feel a bit better, i did not get shortlisted for a company, im disappointed as it would of been a great experience to continue the interview process, but i've just found out, literally yesterday, that my family is moving back overseas (uk), i have chosen to go with them, i guess it all worked out for the best....

all though it would be interesting to know what i got rejected for, i know they said they wouldn't get feedback, but now ive been rejected i kinda want to know why!!

im not sure if my residency status was a factor, im a uk and nz citizen, a nz citizenship allows you to live and work in australia permanently, but i dont have an "official" permanant residency stamp, do you reckon that would affect it??!! either that or i completely fudged the interview, i was always a bit iffy about how it went!! lol another girl at my school got through to westpac tho.... haha

so far i seem to be the only one who got knocked back...ouch!!!

anyway good luck to everyone who got shortlisted, i'll continue to watch this thread lol!! i have no life!!!
Hey emperor, thanks for sharing your story! It must not have been easy for you so I really appreciate your honesty.

Well, like you mentioned, maybe it will work out for the best - the uk's got some pretty kickass unis out there and I'm envious of your opportunity to go there (they charge some pretty high fees for overseas students lol).

All the best for the future!

Last edited:

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Think about it though- if people don't get shortlisted its most likely you're not going to find out due to embarrassment etc. I know if I didn't get shotlisted then I wouldn't talk about it on this forum..

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
jenecis said:
I'm just curious - why did so many people put down UBS as their preference?
UBS is Australia's leading Investment Bank and the world's second largest (this is accurate as at July 2007) LMAO they told me that when i went to their Finance Academy!

AWESOME PLACE! its almost like your in a 5 start hotel!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
For those of you who are soooo curious, here’s the score so far (YES i hav NO life!):
BNP: 3
UBS: 4
Zurich: 7
Westpac: 7
QBE: 0
This includes ppl that hav shared wat their friends at school got, not just themselves.
Also, “karnage” you haven’t mentioned whether you got in or not, or which company you got.
Lol i sound like such a nerd, but im not. Just eager to get this thing!
GOOD LUCK!

karnage

HSC
haiderr said:
Also, “karnage” you haven’t mentioned whether you got in or not, or which company you got.
Oh, i didnt apply unfortunately. Found out about it when it was too late and applications closed ages ago.

Good luck to everyone who's applied. Awesome opportunity. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)