Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

Ovaschool303

HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
did u even do any research on cadetships- they are all like that..... aka even the accting ones aka big 4 etc
Mate. Accounting ones (when u study part time) give you half a day off a week to study and go to lectures, so you are working for the 4/4.5 days a week. In the final 2 years you study full time and work in holidays... little bit different to UBS where u work 5 days and do uni at night for about 4 years. Get your facts right!

I am not denying anything Bobby... just might let you suck them off till you get one ;)

IceOnFire

HSC
At BNPP it's really flexible, where you work part time 20 hrs a week and they organise your work timetable according to your uni one. The only time you have to work full time is during the uni holidays.

jordankuai22

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
Mate. Accounting ones (when u study part time) give you half a day off a week to study and go to lectures, so you are working for the 4/4.5 days a week. In the final 2 years you study full time and work in holidays... little bit different to UBS where u work 5 days and do uni at night for about 4 years. Get your facts right!

I am not denying anything Bobby... just might let you suck them off till you get one ;)
lol.

summermagic

HSC
So for Zurich it's just an individual interview? I thought there was going to be some sort of group activity.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
bright side said:
Hey,
I got an email saying that I was shorlisted for Westapc, however I have not yet recieved a call like everyone else.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Do you think that they read through the applications but only called the ppl they want and not everyone?
Im so scared now!!!!!!
I was shortlisted and haven't got any contact from them yet either. Chill out. They wont go and cut without interviewing.

NickLG

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
with pleasure mate, UBS tastes very nice.

Nick

blaqie

HSC
still no call from westpac...beginning to worry a bit now.

nico.

Yasaman

HSC
bright side said:
Hey,
I got an email saying that I was shorlisted for Westapc, however I have not yet recieved a call like everyone else.
Is anyone else in the same situation?
Do you think that they read through the applications but only called the ppl they want and not everyone?
Im so scared now!!!!!!
yeah me too guys, and the other girl at my school hasnt heard anything either, maybe coz there are so many of us? lotsa positions right?

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yasaman said:
yeah me too guys, and the other girl at my school hasnt heard anything either, maybe coz there are so many of us? lotsa positions right?
I think the time to start worrying is when all the people you know or are on Bos who have been shortlisted receive calls from Westpac and you haven't.

Last edited:

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
IceOnFire said:
At BNPP it's really flexible, where you work part time 20 hrs a week and they organise your work timetable according to your uni one. The only time you have to work full time is during the uni holidays.
Thanks for your insight.... only 20 hours a week???? WOW Id love to work for BNP then! lol... but what is the salary like?thnx

wogblogger

HSC
I think the time for worrying is over,
..Elevated expectations, venturing dreams...
,no call
it is the time to see the textured reality of nothing

seano77

Walk On
HSC
wogblogger said:
I think the time for worrying is over,
..Elevated expectations, venturing dreams...
,no call
it is the time to see the textured reality of nothing
Dude relax. They will call.

allblack

Legendary Member...
HSC
Do all you guys think you'll take the cadetship if you are offered one? (I know its too early to tell and all...) Just asking cause all my friends in uni say its tough enough alone, so full time work will leave very little time for study and assignments. In uni one year of yr12 work is done in one semester... so ummm.... judge for yourself.:bomb:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
IceOnFire said:
And if you're lucky you get to meet awesome auditors right? ;)

jimmyb8

HSC
allblack said:
Do all you guys think you'll take the cadetship if you are offered one? (I know its too early to tell and all...) Just asking cause all my friends in uni say its tough enough alone, so full time work will leave very little time for study and assignments. In uni one year of yr12 work is done in one semester... so ummm.... judge for yourself.:bomb:
for that very reason my preference is a co-op with UTS or UNSW.. that will allow for work experience and some solid cash whilst still having the uni lifestyle and less stress

i guess you will enjoy a cadetship if u love wat u are doing.. thats why i havent applied for accounting firms.. cause i think that would bore me to tears and i would hate it.. but a business cadetship i think is more in line with my interests and is something i would enjoy

but yeh co-op would be perfect for me

seano77

Walk On
HSC
allblack said:
You have to remember it doesn't have to be full time work. Most of the cadetships will be very flexible. According to the cadetship website you can negotiate any of these depending on the company:
  • full-time work with part-time study
  • full-time study and part-time work
  • a blend of the above options
  • a 6 months work and 6 months study 'sandwich' each year
  • an alternative structure to be determined

yehdatsrite

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
I got a call from UBS and am going in at 3:00 next tuesday....
Mine's 3:30 tuesday at ubs, might just bump into you along the way, best of luck ovaschool303!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)