Programming in engineering? (1 Viewer)

girrawhat

HSC
Hi guys,

I am keen to do an engineering course in uni. I can handle extension 1 maths alright and physics, but in my experience, i know that programming definitely isn't my thing. I have no intention of doing software eng or anything of that nature but i am just wondering how much programming is there for branches like mechanical, mechatronic, electrical and biomed engineering.

D94

HSC
N/A
If you intend on going to UNSW, there is a first year computing course based on programming. It's the basics of C, but there are some harder components to it (as one would expect).

For electrical, there's more programming involved than mechanical.

girrawhat

HSC
Yeah, i was intending on going to unsw. I was really considering electrical. Is it significantly more than electrical. Just asking cos t i have had some bad experiences in IT and dont think it would suit me at all.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, i was intending on going to unsw. I was really considering electrical. Is it significantly more than electrical. Just asking cos t i have had some bad experiences in IT and dont think it would suit me at all.
Yes there is a lot of computing/programming in electrical, way more than mechanical.

girrawhat

HSC
From other's experiences, would u know if they struggle really badly with it or that there is simply more programming

D94

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)