Progress Feb 2008 (1 Viewer)

emiline

HSC
So how are everyone's major works going? How much should be done now...is February too late to not have a first draft done?

Tell us all about your ideas and how you are going so far!

starrysky

HSC
There's no set amount that has to be done; really, the only thing that's expected is that you should have started by now. February last year, I was changing from my first idea to my second - I didn't actually churn out a first draft until around mid-May.

That said, though, work hard, people! Best of luck for the EE2ers of '08. :)

bling05

HSC
First draft only needs to really be completed by end of Term 1.

Hysterik

HSC
Does it really have to be done by then?? I feel so freaking behind, all I've done is a half hearted attempt at a short story (I'm doing a collection). :eek:

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
Wow, I must be wayyyy ahead. I've finished my third draft, and I've given it to two teachers and a friend to critique. I'm taking a month-long break from my MW altogether - you know, come back to it with fresh eyes and stuff. I'm also taking the opportunity to do further reading into my genre (apocalyptic fiction). Is that too far ahead, do you think? Maybe I should slow down. I just... got inspired, is all. I wrote my entire first draft in one night. Anyone else had that problem/miracle?

Hysterik

HSC
^ You have nooo idea how lucky you are. I just can't seem to get motivated. I think that it may be a good idea to take a break however, because your story might get a little lopsided. Then again, I know nothing. Good luck!

HSC
Well done!! I haven't even started my first draft.
Check with your teacher and see how you're going.
I agree with Hysterik, maybe you should take a break for a bit...
But I really shouldn't be saying anything haha

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Hysterik said:
^ You have nooo idea how lucky you are. I just can't seem to get motivated.
Grrr... me neither.

I need more rainy mornings, they always boost me emotionally.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
I was inspired by the movie 28 Weeks Later. Not 28 Days, 28 Weeks, lol. It's the strangest things that give inspiration. Branch out, is my advice.

Suggestions:
Check out that movie you've wanted to see. I Am Legend was awesome for emotional inspiration, too. (Characterisation, empathy with the lead, blah blah, you've heard it all before, I'm sure).
Borrow out a book with a cool cover from the library. Don't read the blurb. Just check out the covers and titles. It's a way to expand your horizons.
Download a new CD.
Listen to one song on repeat for hours on end until a particular line strikes you in a new way. (*cough* Fall Out Boy *cough* <-- yes, I'm serious. Pete writes some deep stuff the teenyboppers don't catch that we, EE2 students, do.)
Listen to your teachers when they go on rambling spats - that inspired a complete new ending for my story for me.
Read some of your older stories. Write something completely random. Branch into (gasp) fanfiction. You never know.
Or even, perhaps, read some of the old MWs in the Showcase thread.
Eavesdrop. Really. No, really. Yes, I'm serious.

Again, inspiration hits you in the strangest places.

And yes, I am taking a break, and my teacher is pretty much ecstatic with me. I haven't even looked at my story in almost a week now. It's such a relief. Can't wait for you guys to all catch up so we can yak together about finding the perfect combo of words or the perfect final line or the perfect hook or the perfect analogy or the perfect reference.

Off I go. Bed. Mmm, bed. Swimming Carnival tomorrow. GO CHISHOLM. Wish me cheer-related luck, because *eek* I'm up the front leading.

GET FREE

HSC
Haha ohhhh.
My process journal is getting checked on next week, and it's litereally empty.
I'm doing a short story, that also hasn't been written, so, I'm pretty much screwed. I haven't started a draft or anything like that. I also don't have a solid plan for my idea, and I keep changing my mind about the plot and the characters. I just can't seem to get started.

sapoi

HSC
emiline said:
So how are everyone's major works going? How much should be done now...is February too late to not have a first draft done?

Tell us all about your ideas and how you are going so far!
im so behind- i just started my ext 2 - i've collected all my ideas and concept is all done however, putting it all together is tough.. my chem is just distractin me ! i do eng ext 2 , maths 2unit, chem, modern history and history extension. good luck to everyone in 08 bach!

sapoi

HSC
sapoi said:
im so behind- i just started my ext 2 - i've collected all my ideas and concept is all done however, putting it all together is tough.. my chem is just distractin me ! i do eng ext 2 , maths 2unit, chem, modern history and history extension. good luck to everyone in 08 bach!
OMG DON'T WORRY, YOUR LIKELY TO SCORE 'GOOD' MARKS i.e. BETTER THAN EXPECTED SIMPLY BECAUSE OF YOUR EXTENSION TWO, JUST FOCUS ON IT NOW SO YOU DON'T LEAVE IT TILL MID AUGUST! GOOD LUCK TO ALL 08' EXTENSION 2 CANDIDATES ( INCLUDING MYSELF OFCOURSE!) ... HOPEFULLY FOR US, OUR MAJOR WORK WILL PROVIDE US WITH A BETTER UAI OUTCOME! BTW I'M SITTING FOR THE SAME SUBJECTS AS U - ENG EX2, MOD HIS, HIS EXT, CHEM AND MATHS 2U!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)