Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (4 Viewers)

synthesisFR

HSC
why r u memorising essays for english, are we supposed to do that for trials? i'm failing eng for sure
most people memorise general thesis/topic sentences and analysis or whole essays
but like make it broad ish so u can adapt to the question
also make sure what ur memorising doesn't take the whole 40 minutes to write so uhave lots of time to adapt

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I only got an atar in the 60’s, however I did put little to no effort into the HSC.
But wouldn’t it make more sense to just memorise topics/concepts with matching quotes to then adapt to an essay during the exam?
Then you don’t have to like memorise heaps of words, just the concepts and quotes?
Like when you’re doing a speech, you don’t write it or memorise it word for word, but you have the topics and stats written down to talk about.

carrotsss

HSC
I only got an atar in the 60’s, however I did put little to no effort into the HSC.
But wouldn’t it make more sense to just memorise topics/concepts with matching quotes to then adapt to an essay during the exam?
Then you don’t have to like memorise heaps of words, just the concepts and quotes?
Like when you’re doing a speech, you don’t write it or memorise it word for word, but you have the topics and stats written down to talk about.
The problem (at least for me) is that if I’m writing on the spot, I just won’t write with high enough quality to get a good mark, whereas if I memorise an essay with really refined quotes and analysis, I can just focus on adapting my essay to the question (which usually isn’t pretty hard since the questions are all based on the rubric) and have a chance at the higher marks

carrotsss

HSC
- finished chem trial
- marked chem trial
- started phys trial

tbh I haven’t gotten nearly enough work done this holidays, and I don’t really have an excuse - I’ve been “prioritising” english and then just not doing anything to avoid doing english. comeback starts tmrw, I rlly need to get good at module c because I am so bad at it rn and for some reason it counts for 50% of my trials (wtf), but I have no idea how to get good lol so I’m just gonna write some atrocious creatives and send them to my English teacher and hopefully improve from the feedback ig

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
- finished chem trial
- marked chem trial
- started phys trial

tbh I haven’t gotten nearly enough work done this holidays, and I don’t really have an excuse - I’ve been “prioritising” english and then just not doing anything to avoid doing english. comeback starts tmrw, I rlly need to get good at module c because I am so bad at it rn and for some reason it counts for 50% of my trials (wtf), but I have no idea how to get good lol so I’m just gonna write some atrocious creatives and send them to my English teacher and hopefully improve from the feedback ig
when r ur trials?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)