Progress so far? (1 Viewer)

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
What topics/modules have u covered so far in bio and how far are u through ur current one. Im unsure if i will finish in time?? I have done Maintaining a Balance and Blueprint and Im up to Section 3 of Search for Better Health. You?

rhia

salty
HSC
finished all three cores, currently being moody about having to do the human story as an elective, yuck. i am obviously procrastinating about this. shouldn't.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
ohk im doin communication, which sounds ok...i thought it was the best one to do

Loz_metalhead

HSC
We go at a fairly slow pace. So far we have completed a Blueprint of Life and Maintaining a Balance. We are halfway through section 3 of The Search For Better Health. Our elective is Communication.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Damn we're so slow.... :(
We've done The Blueprint of Life (1 term + 3 weeks) and Search For Better Health (1 term). Now, we're doing Maintaining a Balance and we're still on the first section......:(
Our option topic is Communication and seeing how most schools take around a term or more to finish Maintaining a Balance, we might just start on the option topic after the trials. :(
My teacher said that we're on schedule (WTF!!!!!!!) but even admitted that we might have to rush the option topic so the workload is going to stack up during this topic.....:(
At least you're not alone...I'm worried that we might not finish on time or get taught the option topic properly...:(

rhia

salty
HSC
Trebla said:
Damn we're so slow.... :(
We've done The Blueprint of Life (1 term + 3 weeks) and Search For Better Health (1 term). Now, we're doing Maintaining a Balance and we're still on the first section......:(
Our option topic is Communication and seeing how most schools take around a term or more to finish Maintaining a Balance, we might just start on the option topic after the trials. :(
My teacher said that we're on schedule (WTF!!!!!!!) but even admitted that we might have to rush the option topic so the workload is going to stack up during this topic.....:(
At least you're not alone...I'm worried that we might not finish on time or get taught the option topic properly...:(
if you're worried about not being taught the option topic properly, grab yourself the syllabus, text book and hop onto the charles sturt hsc website, and teach yourself properly as apart of your homework. then, there's no worries.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Our teacher said that we will be doing a bit of communication just before the trials so it can be included. We will stop learning SFBH and come back to it later.

Mikearun

HSC
my class is just about half way through Search for better health and we finished other main one already.Our option is biotechnology ... cant wait

Sofee

HSC
well it seems my school is seriously slow. we've completed maintaining the balance and blueprint of life, we've recently started our option - communication, which we are not even half way through and we still have core 3, search for better health still go. its quite daunting, i mean the trials are usually around week 4 of next term, so that means ive got approx 7 weeks to complete everything.
I really hope that the teacher just dosn't hand us a couple of sheets to complete the topic ourselves.

*~Anna~*

HSC
Ok I'm sorry to dissapoint you all but our school wins the title of slowest teaching of biology. We started with Search for Better Health and then started Maintaining a Balance. WE HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MAINTAINING A BALANCE YET!!!! We still have Blueprint of Life to do AND our option. I'm sick of this crap teaching i've given up on our class work (consisting only of fill in the gap sheets, and no im not kidding) we haven't even done half the pracs. I've decided to teach myself because I'm not learning anything in class. I shouldn't have to do this and im so annoyed at my teacher and school. How can this be allowed to happen, it is going to affect my whole hsc.
:burn:

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Omg Anna that is really bad. I think its a very good idea to study yourself at home...do you have any extra books like maquarie, surfing bio, or success one?

alex04

Ballerina
HSC
We have finished Maintaining a balance and are nearly finished Blueprint of Life - We still have to do Search for Better Health and our option Human Story. Our teacher says we will be constantly learning until the HSC which helps us to stay focused and excited about learning new things - but our teacher is great she really sticks to the syllabus and also allows us to have interesting conversations along the way - she says we are on track - I'm not worried about not finishing in time for the HSC.

We have now started our option The Human Story

Last edited:

*~Anna~*

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Omg Anna that is really bad. I think its a very good idea to study yourself at home...do you have any extra books like maquarie, surfing bio, or success one?
Yeah i have excel, maquarie and 2-3 others, my mum is great when it comes to these things she understands that sometimes you get good and bad classes, always prepared for me lol. The thing is though that we aren't learning in class at all, all we do is comprehension sheets (which are useless) i've also been pretty sick this year (glandular fever at the end of last year and constantly getting the flu and every other sickness since then) however i got 76% in my exam which i thought was pretty good considering how much i had missed and i came 11/27 overall for assessment and my teacher told my parents that i should aim to do the minimum work and aim for a band 3 and also possibly consider pathways.. least to say i was.. angry..annoyed. So i don't know wat thats supposed to mean for the rest of the people who came after me. Well now i have had my bitch about how unfair the crap teaching is in my school i shall leave to do some of my own biology work. I'm wondering if anyone else in my class will add to this.. Anyway thanks for a thread that i can complain in, its been great, feeling slightly better after my rant ;)

krush3r

HSC
My biology teacher sucks balls too :(. Bio's my worst subject, I think I will have to rely on my own studying and teaching myself to get decent marks, though I've only got a macquarie biology book, I'll be getting some more soon.

I also need some help for my major practical bio experiment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)