Prohibited Vehicles? (1 Viewer)

h4vok

HSC
Has anyone gotten caught driving one? More importantly, how would they know if your car was prohibited? What do they check?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not game enough to find out.

But I'd imagine... it's pretty hard unless you attract attention (eg. P Plater with very heavily modified car; or even the sound of a loud turbo).

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
They are probably familiar with most of the usual culprits. All the Jap rockets - GTRs, GTiRs, etc. But I doubt they'd be able to pick out a Volvo 850R (184kW turbo) from a Volvo 850SE (125kw NA) - the difference being a rear spoiler and subtle front skirt.

It's pot luck, I think.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
iv been pulle dover like 5 times im drivin a gtr skyline when i had my blow offs they pick ya up coz ya think ya cool. but ya tone down the whole hoon driving n cops let ya drive nethin plus ud be stupid to pull burns wer losers hang out.. eg panthers (they need a life)

**** my GTR is prohibited n i dnt have an exemption. thou the cops are cool with it..
So the cops are cool with it because of your 'blow offs' ? I think we need more information here.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
crazedbarb said:
its got nothin to do with how hotted up ya car is..
there is over 2500 car that are prohibited now.. if ur a dick n drive like one cops will pick on ya but if ya can drive n handle ya car they dnt mind.. iv been pulle dover like 5 times im drivin a gtr skyline when i had my blow offs they pick ya up coz ya think ya cool. but ya tone down the whole hoon driving n cops let ya drive nethin plus ud be stupid to pull burns wer losers hang out.. eg panthers (they need a life)

**** my GTR is prohibited n i dnt have an exemption. thou the cops are cool with it..
You just proved the point that by having a hotted up car- you attract attention. Probably the opposite of what one would want to do if they're trying to avoid being pulled over by cops don't you reckon?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think she also proved how retarded she is.

And finally that girls can get off a fine by giving head.

But yes its all rather obvious if you hoon you will attract attention, atract enough and they'll pop your hood and a police officer will recognise a v8 or a turbo in the bay and you score a fine. They may also fine you for the cone filter.

h4vok

HSC
yes they should be

What do you reckon of this though -
Holden Commodore S supercharged

the only things seperating that from a normal S is the 'supercharged' badge, the exhaust, the foglights and the supercharger inside

im more worried about random breath test checks rather than getting pulled over for driving like an idiot

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
the only things seperating that from a normal S is the 'supercharged' badge, the exhaust, the foglights and the supercharger inside
Am I missing something?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not too familiar with Holden naming conventions, but isn't S and SS the performance models which are either V8 or supercharged anyway (ie. if you've got the S badge on there, it's a prohibited vehicle?)- or is there an S without the supercharger?

Back on topic though, I'm guessing he's asking if he's likely to get caught with it. A trained ear should be able to detect the supercharger, or an avid Holden fan, (I'm inclined to think cops would fall into the latter category- if any)... but the reality is, you risk copping a fine. It's like drink driving. There's no guarantee you'll get pulled over, and even if you do get pulled over, there's no guarantee you'll get caught- but there's always that chance...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
blow off as in blow off valves, BOV for the turbo, the sometimes awesome whistle you hear when they change gears. this is why i want a Camry instead of a sports car cause i barely get noticed for a hoon. i really want a new Camry and put in the TRD supercharger with V6 2GR-FE engine. will be one of a kind in Australia :D if Toyota Australia does release a TRD version of Camry it will most likely be 4 cylinders.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
crazedbarb said:
its got nothin to do with how hotted up ya car is..
there is over 2500 car that are prohibited now.. if ur a dick n drive like one cops will pick on ya but if ya can drive n handle ya car they dnt mind.. iv been pulle dover like 5 times im drivin a gtr skyline when i had my blow offs they pick ya up coz ya think ya cool. but ya tone down the whole hoon driving n cops let ya drive nethin plus ud be stupid to pull burns wer losers hang out.. eg panthers (they need a life)

Your a fucking spastic.

Pace_T

HSC
haha the word spastic sounds so funny

bizadfar

HSC
Wow, i just checked that list. amazing the BMW m3 isn't banned (weather it's E36 or E46). The E90 will be (V8)

If anything, they should've made the system like Victoria: Power to weight ratio.

bizadfar

HSC
They should merge those lists, or at least rename it to something more specific. Got me a bit excited M3 wasn't in there till i saw your reply :)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i got my licence before these rules came into place, so i can still drive around a turbo car.
i drive my cousins little 1litre turbo charade.
little pocket rocket.
they are setting it up to race with, in club events an motokana's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)