Project That Can Change The World **Imagine Cup** (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hey uni kids,

It's been ages since I posted, but I came back to make sure uni students don't miss out on this - Imagine Cup.

I'm working at an agency on behalf of Microsoft that will give cash grants, mentorships and other ginormous prizes for ONLY uni students that compete in the contest. It's like an Olympics for innovation :) Basically you and your team design technology that can potentially change the world for the better. There's still time to think of an idea - all you really need to do is register for the moment.

Here's a vid by futurist Tim Longhurst on how to get started on an idea... http://bit.ly/zGNLQD

Obviously not for everyone, but worth giving a look at if it gives you that leg up in the tech / design industry. Plus it's for a good cause amirite? More info on the website www.imaginecup.com.au

Seriously I really admire guys that can pull this off. Just opening the door for you guys to walk through :)

Stef

MathsIsWeird

HSC
It's competitions and things that promote progress that make me want to start an engineering course, an engineering course is something that i also dread (purley because of my inability to focus on even the most rudimentary mathematical problems)
To whom ever is doing an engineering or design course (i envy you) this will be a great project to undertake with your fellow class mates.

Skriker

HSC
Canberra uni is obviously going to win it...They have won it 5 times in a row. GL though.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Seems odd to me that Canberra always win it... so many uni's out there that are just as good?

Skriker

HSC
Seems odd to me that Canberra always win it... so many uni's out there that are just as good?
5 years in a row is just wow, they must have a good science/engineering department, I guess that they just have been better than the other uni's in the comp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)