projectile motion (1 Viewer)

HSC
im just wondering
would it be acceptable to use projectile motion from 3 unit maths to solve physics questions??

because my physics teacher can't explain things well so i never understood projectile motion in physics?

or would calculus be bad in the exam??

thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think that Physics projectile is a lot easier to understand than 3U projectile. =(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
3unitz said:
no its fine, whatever works, but i wouldnt recommend it. it would waste time, all youre doing is deriving the formulas they give.
i agree but did u do hsc physics i wonder

Aerath said:
I think that Physics projectile is a lot easier to understand than 3U projectile. =(
Because the trajectories are simplified including starting the trajectory only at the origin.
The analysis of projectile motion in Maths Ext. 1 is however more thorough.

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Well, it would be acceptable.. But it depends on what the markers are actually looking for re: how many marks you will actually recieve for using that approach.

They may be looking for an understanding of when to apply the different projectile motion formulae

henry08

HSC
N/A
Both my maths teacher and physics teacher said this was not allowed. Can't use ext 1 maths way of solving them in phyics, likewise can't use physcis way in maths.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
i thought u can. i am pretty sure you can i remember teacher done one in physic in 3 unit maths way mehhh?depends i guess on skool...

but man talk about physics teachers i swear are all physic teacher shit cause the only P teachers i come across are pathetic

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I didn't realise there was a difference except physics was generally more simplified?

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
dodgyv said:
but man talk about physics teachers i swear are all physic teacher shit cause the only P teachers i come across are pathetic
WATCH IT BUDDY!

Us physics teachers are an interesting breed...

melonkitten

HSC
no.

in physics you need to deal with other variables such as air resistance, not just gravity like in 3u

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nah, there's no air resistance in HSC physics. Fuck, not even in first year uni physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)