Proofs in Math1081 (1 Viewer)

cheschirecat

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys I've been having trouble with the proofs section in discrete mathematics, I haven't been having trouble with the previous sections (I couldn't do at most 1 or 2 questions per section) however I'm finding a significant amount of questions I can't do for this section. Any past students have the same trouble as I did, and how did you overcome it?

htp368

HSC
Well i have to say, im doing math1081 as well and to be honest, sometimes it does get hard...i probably have the same lectures as you. Sometimes i think you just have to think outside the box for some proofs. David said there was not one method of doing proofs, so just try your best. What questions are you having trouble in?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
MATH1081 Proofs? I will agree some of them are difficult - even some of the non-starred ones are difficult.

You should refer to that "Proof in Mathematics" book thing that's prescribed. If you read through that, you kinda get an idea of what you're supposed to do. I also found the textbook, by Epp, to be helpful in figuring out what to do.

It's a difficult topic because it's the first time you're actually told "Okay, this is how you actually do proofs".

btw, I did this last semester so maybe some of the books have changed - but i dont think so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)