proofs - query (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I was just wondering whether we're required to know the proofs for the sums and differences of angles. In fact, what proofs are we supposed to know? The copy of the syllabus I have isn't at all helpful, with crosses denoting knowledge of proofs 2 unit students are not required to reproduce but nothing about 3 unit students.
Does someone have a list or something? Help please.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
:confused: I can't see what your asking for, what are "angle sums and differences"?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
sorry, I did mean ratios of sums and differences of angles - what did I say? you know, like sin(A + B). The proof involves use of the cosine rule and the unit circle as you probably know.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
sorry, I did mean ratios of sums and differences of angles - what did I say? you know, like sin(A + B). The proof involves use of the cosine rule and the unit circle as you probably know.
I doubt that they can ask anything that hard, and if they did I'm pretty sure that they would lead you through it.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i've seen circle geo theorems being proved in exams before, and obviously parametric formulas are all required to be proved...that's about it i think? well thats all ive seen so far

Rorix

HSC
cos(A-B) is in the prelim syllabus. Other results are derived from it.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
The cos(a+b) proof is not difficult... you should at least have an understanding of it. But they'll never have a 6 mark q saying prove such and such result...

mojako

HSC
the probability of that happening is very very low.
P -> 0
where P is probability of being asked to prove the compound angle formula

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)