• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Proposal-help.....somebody......please :) (1 Viewer)

Manan

HSC
How are journals going?

Hey,

Our teacher wants to see the journals with the proposal so....

Does everyone have "extensive" journals for their major project??

Is anyone doing ext 2 here? Because I just wondering whether the ext history journal is as detailed etc and similar to the ext 2 journal.

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC
my hist ext journal is nowhere near as extensive
mainly cause i'm reading lots of long books
a short asessment of each bias and argument is all i have in it realy. my ee2 is way longer cause i have research for film techniques, creative writing, drafts everything

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
my ext history journal is really brief. infact, i dont know about other schools, but my teacher actually put together a journal for us, its all divided into different sections, and she wants us to write approx one page per week.
all our related materials, stuff, article, photocopies weve collected just go into a folder.
previous years they had to keep one of those large VAPDs, where they stuck stuff in, but the problem with those was that people spent too much time making it all pretty. its a pity that we dont have to do one of those, but the brief one seems much more practical.

Manan

HSC
You got a journal made for you??

Our teacher just expects it to get bigger every day, through "personal research".

Is the journal ever marked as an assessment?

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
well obviously theres nothing actually written in the journal. what i meant was that its pre-prepared with each page being divided into different sections like "Decisions Made"; "Sources Read"; "Thoughts and Ideas"; etc. and we are expected to fill in one of these pages each week. Thus theres not that much writings involved.
Our teacher signs off the journals every couple of weeks, and then we hand it in for marking at the beginning of next term then again at the very end, but i think its only worth like 5%.

Manan

HSC
Right....I see.

I guess there's so many parts to Ext his like historiography, the case study and the project that the journal doesn't amount too much. Good to know :)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
journal for mine counted for 5 marks

that said (and i did ext 2 english to) u kinda just write in whate ur reading and i used it as a place to add in relevant quotes so i had an easy and organised way of finsding what id read, u also paste in drafts ect...mine in the end took up 4 books....as such im not posting it ...i may later scan a couple of pages and show u guys what i did thou!

in terms of proposal i just started a thread with mine in it so thats pretty much what was expected from me atleast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)