Proposals (1 Viewer)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
OK, so I'm beginning to stress about my little proposal due on Friday. Luckily my mentor is really cool and put EXACTLY what we have to answer for it, in separate sections and everything, so now I just have a few questions to ask people, preferably genuises!! :p

Firstly, if I have to "outline what you now see as being the boundaries and liimitations of your major work" what are we talking about here? Like time constraints, or the fact that I have a word limit or what?

Secondly, "a detailed description of what the student hopes to acheive as a final product ie: What will you finally submit?" Do they want breakdown of chapters here, or "I would like a 8000 word short story that looks good, sounds good and people enjoy to read"

Thirdly, if I have to include an annotated bibliography of EVERY source used in a term's work... is there anyway to kind of, well, you know, MAKE IT UP?! I haven't written down every net site or anything, only books and plus a paragraph on each, will take me weeks to write!!

Ok, I'm Breathing... just..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
First question yes, and anything else you think you might encounter...

Second : Yes and no, i personally would do an overall analysis of the intended final product rather than a chapter by chapte, but i guess its up to you

Third : Yes there is a way to make it up, but i can tell you now its better if you get in the habit of actually writing down everything it helps immensely since your journal is your backup and if the hsc markers doubt a section refer to your journal and its not legit you are screwed

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Katjif
OK, so I'm beginning to stress about my little proposal due on Friday. Luckily my mentor is really cool and put EXACTLY what we have to answer for it, in separate sections and everything, so now I just have a few questions to ask people, preferably genuises!! :p

Firstly, if I have to "outline what you now see as being the boundaries and liimitations of your major work" what are we talking about here? Like time constraints, or the fact that I have a word limit or what?

Secondly, "a detailed description of what the student hopes to acheive as a final product ie: What will you finally submit?" Do they want breakdown of chapters here, or "I would like a 8000 word short story that looks good, sounds good and people enjoy to read"

Thirdly, if I have to include an annotated bibliography of EVERY source used in a term's work... is there anyway to kind of, well, you know, MAKE IT UP?! I haven't written down every net site or anything, only books and plus a paragraph on each, will take me weeks to write!!

Ok, I'm Breathing... just..

1. All those constraints, and any others you can think of. Your abilities? What does a person need to read/view your MW?

2. You don't want to be terribly detailed, because that would just be repeating your major work! On the other hand you're not just saying "it's a movie script"; you have to tell them in some detail what you want to write about, where it will go. Make sure you give some hint of direction - in other words, when you read your proposal over in about six months' time you want to be able to say "wow, I didn't end up doing that... but I did this instead, and it's so much cooler".

3. Get into the habit of noting everything you use - footnotes or keep a bibliography going. You don't need to write a paragraph on each... you just need to fill out the general bibliography style (look up how to write a bibliography!)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Thanks people for all your help! I'm basically done now, I went and whinged to my 4unit mentor and got me some help! Just in case you were wondering, you were both right about the boundaries limitations things, for a description of my final product, I did it was a essay type response rather than chapter by chapter analysis and the bibliography which I am still working on, is a paragraph on EVERY source I've looked at and discuss its reliability and usefulness.

How's THAT for sleepless nights??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)