• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Proving your age in 2009? (1 Viewer)

ghostlygums

HSC
I want to prove that i'm 18+...

- I do not possess an Australian driving license.

- I do not want to carry my passport around.

- I do not possess a School/Uni ID card, that has my name, photo and date of birth on it.

Is there a "Proof of Age" card for people in my situation as of this date in 2009?

HSC
I want to prove that i'm 18+...

- I do not possess an Australian driving license.

- I do not want to carry my passport around.

- I do not possess a School/Uni ID card, that has my name, photo and date of birth on it.

Is there a "Proof of Age" card for people in my situation as of this date in 2009?
yeah bro, go to the rta and ask for an i.d card.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
There's an ID card that you can get at the police station, I can't remember what they're called. But the card is a valid proof of age and identity.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
As ChokoRepublic said, you can also get proof of age cards from your State govt, most likely from the Consumer Affairs department and/or from RTA.

ray ban

HSC
its probably easier to pass the L's than it is to fill out the form to get proof of age card.

cxlxoxk

HSC
hey for the driver's licence/photo card at rta, do they give the card on the spot after you've completed the forms and photo (+ test for licence) or is it like mailed to you or collected from rta at a later date or something?

ray_ban said:
its probably easier to pass the L's than it is to fill out the form to get proof of age card.
yer but it means you must complete L's within 3 years or it's a waste...

36 for 3 years

43 for 5 years, i think photo card is better :) - if you don't plan on driving.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hey for the driver's licence/photo card at rta, do they give the card on the spot after you've completed the forms and photo (+ test for licence) or is it like mailed to you or collected from rta at a later date or something?

36 for 3 years

Assuming you pass or meet the requirements you will get it straight away (maybe a few minutes wait but still on the same day).

3 years is quite a long time and unless there are some extenuating circumstances then it is enough time to complete your L's.

Getting your licence early when you have the free time and can (assuming you have willing parents and a car to learn on even if you won't have one of your own yet) will help you much more in the long run with work, education and social life. Unless medical or parents can't teach you or a money situation you should really be learning to drive as otherwise you'll get down the track and realise you need to learn then have to when everyone else is on their P's or even finished them.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Assuming you pass or meet the requirements you will get it straight away (maybe a few minutes wait but still on the same day).

3 years is quite a long time and unless there are some extenuating circumstances then it is enough time to complete your L's.

Getting your licence early when you have the free time and can (assuming you have willing parents and a car to learn on even if you won't have one of your own yet) will help you much more in the long run with work, education and social life. Unless medical or parents can't teach you or a money situation you should really be learning to drive as otherwise you'll get down the track and realise you need to learn then have to when everyone else is on their P's or even finished them.
More people finishing their licence = more chance of passing the supervised 120 hour req for L's? As you can ask your friends to supervise?

That's the thing i don't need to learn, assuming cityrail gets epping - chatswood line operating on time (in 2 days), then i can travel to city, uni, local westfields and home by a short walk and trains, and after uni, i might try for a job accessible by trains/short walk, and get a house accessible by trains/short walk! No cars needed ever in my life, unless i move somewhere drastic (rural NSW :S).

The OP might be in a diff situation though.

___

So is the card valid from when you receive it? So could i go to a liquor store 5 minutes later with my shiny new card and get liquor?

Last edited:

DTFM

HSC
More people finishing their licence = more chance of passing the supervised 120 hour req for L's? As you can ask your friends to supervise?

That's the thing i don't need to learn, assuming cityrail gets epping - chatswood line operating on time (in 2 days), then i can travel to city, uni, local westfields and home by a short walk and trains, and after uni, i might try for a job accessible by trains/short walk, and get a house accessible by trains/short walk! No cars needed ever in my life, unless i move somewhere drastic (rural NSW :S).

The OP might be in a diff situation though.

___

So is the card valid from when you receive it? So could i go to a liquor store 5 minutes later with my shiny new card and get liquor?
No, the card only starts working after you have had it for a week.

spence

HSC

36 for 3 years

L's last 5 years now

x_rogerr

HSC
just photocopy your passport and carry that around like my friend :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)