P's test tips and test route at silverwater (1 Viewer)

joanneli

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

So I did my driving test yesterday and passed first go with a score of 106. I thought I'd share with you some tips and common things to look out for.
I did mine at Silverwater, the route was a left turn into Silverwater Rd, up along Silverwater Rd, left turn into South St and into some minor roads to do a kerb side stop. Then right turn into Victoria Rd, along Victoria Rd then right turn into Wharf Rd and into minor roads to do a 3 point turn. Then back to the RTA.

Here are some tips:
-when approaching roundabouts turn your head right and left to check for any cars coming towards the roundabout (make it very obvious) and always indicate left off the roundabout (yes even if it's a small roundabout)
-when you are stopped at traffic lights and first in line, when lights go green do a head check to check for any cars running the red light before proceeding.
-when turning left off wide roads, check your left mirror and blindspot (just in case there's a bike or motorbike next to you)
-when driving along a road and you need to turn right, check your right mirror and blindspot before you turn (to check for any cars that may be overtaking you)
-drive 5-10km below the speed limit
-always check your rearview mirror before you brake
-when driving along straight roads, occasionally check your mirrors so the officer knows you are aware of what's happening around you
-make sure you're always scanning the road ahead of you - look at signs, in the distance, the ground directly in front of you and look left and right. try not to look at the same place for more than 3 seconds, keep your head moving in all directions.
-and lastly, try and have fun! keep yourself calm and collected, make sure you show confidence even if you're not feeling it. just smile and enjoy it, it'll be over before you know it :) for me, the thing that played the biggest part was just keeping calm and relaxed. i actually enjoyed it, i was having a nice conversation with the officer about my uni course and how i was finding it (but don't do this if you can't concentrate on the road at the same time!)

Good luck!

LittleMissSunshine

HSC
Good Advice. :)

Another tip: Do not appear overly confident when taking your test - Right from meeting the instructor...

astroman

HSC
keep your demistifiers and ac on, you might be given a 'fail' considering if the instructor tells you to do any since it will count as 'having the instructor give verbal assistance'

joanneli

HSC
N/A
keep your demistifiers and ac on, you might be given a 'fail' considering if the instructor tells you to do any since it will count as 'having the instructor give verbal assistance'
I think it should be fine if they tell you to turn the AC on, when I was doing the test the instructor himself turned on the AC and I still passed, so it wasn't counted as 'testing officer intervention.'

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
wtf are u on

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I think it should be fine if they tell you to turn the AC on, when I was doing the test the instructor himself turned on the AC and I still passed, so it wasn't counted as 'testing officer intervention.'
I think the instructor personally wanted the AC on, so yeah

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Hi guys,

So I did my driving test yesterday and passed first go with a score of 106. I thought I'd share with you some tips and common things to look out for.
I did mine at Silverwater, the route was a left turn into Silverwater Rd, up along Silverwater Rd, left turn into South St and into some minor roads to do a kerb side stop. Then right turn into Victoria Rd, along Victoria Rd then right turn into Wharf Rd and into minor roads to do a 3 point turn. Then back to the RTA.
Lucky you didn't do the M4 route.... I heard some people had to do the M4 route when they do this test

Stronger

HSC
Lol people that need tips on how to pass a simple p's test shouldn't be on the road. Don't over think it, you'll be fine!

astroman

HSC
Please explain further.
I do not know of anyone or seen anyone check there blindspot everytime they leave and come from and go to a stop, nor have i ever seen them always stop a whole car length behind the one in front when stopped, and no one ever drives all the time with hands stuck at the ten and two position.

Stronger

HSC
That should be common sense shouldn't it? When taking a 'test'

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
i failed coz of demistifiers im not bsing
lol you just got fucked over. usually the instructors assistance had more to do with actual driving ahtn stupid shit like AC and demistifiers (unless it was blocking your view).

astroman

HSC
lol you just got fucked over. usually the instructors assistance had more to do with actual driving ahtn stupid shit like AC and demistifiers (unless it was blocking your view).
i know, its a fking money trap, they need a reason to fail you to get you to do the test again and thus pay more money

Sugee

HSC
Highway : Maintain required not full speed and safe distance (4 secs gap)

No marked Lane: keep left at all the streets, go left if no cars parked.

School zones in Parramatta and Victoria road highways.

Assessor find hidden school zone may be back side of school by turning right.

More Stop and go; Wait patiently for long time.

Immediate stop while right turn, if any upcoming traffic at long distance.

New Roadwork or Unloading may happen in nearby Industrial area; Have a look for surprise Sign board.

Even though not first at signal, always practice head check.
See central mirror every 10 secs.
Practice to check blind spot even not necessary.
Keep left to avoid maneuver.
Wait for right green signal, dont turn even if it is green applicable for on coming traffic.

No need to show expertise on Kerb side and parallel parking. They dont expect perfect finish.
Try to concentrate to complete all the zones with disciplines.

Dont get excitement at final zones while returning to rms.

Hope this helpful.
All the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)