pseudo-teacher crushes (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
There's been talk of "teacher crushes". I just wanted to know who's had a crush on someone who is a mentor-type figure, but doesn't have the legal constraints?

Like hypothetically. Suppose one has been tutored in English for nearly four years, by someone who is 33 years one's senior. Is it particularly sickening if, aged seventeen, this person develops a crush on their tutor?

Now some of my friends have been feeding me theories, from the Freudian idea that I'm searching for a father figure to a badly timed new infatuation with Viggo Mortensen...I wonder.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think it's the fact that they are in a position of power that makes them more attractive. Whether it is a teacher or someone else, they seem more in control of their life.

HSC
iambored said:
I think it's the fact that they are in a position of power that makes them more attractive. Whether it is a teacher or someone else, they seem more in control of their life.
Well...my tutor has a lot of attributes which I've always valued in younger guys...I'm actually rather surprised I never liked him in such a way until now. Like, he's intelligent, musical, has a great sense of humour (and way too much energy)...oh...and...he's very charming...he always makes really nice comments and he always compliments all of us on what we wear when we come waltzing into class on Saturday mornings...

malkin86

HSC
iambored said:
Or else that they seem so knowledgeable about a subject which confuses the hell outta you.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
heres another theory

perhaps youve spent so much time with this person that youve made yourself find things to like about him, as in like a FRIENDSHIP! perhaps it wouldnt matter who it was, as long as they were polite and respectful to you then you could like them too. try spending more time with boys your own age or closer to it. i think you'll be pleasently surprised. its probably not a school girl crush at all but merely a 'friendship', yes i mean FRIENDSHIP where there is mutual respect and you see that as a relationship, which it is. but not how you're thinking.

let me guess. you crave his respect and approval and want to chat to him about a million and one intelligent things to impress him so he thinks your intellignet and worth his time? that = friendship.

and this guy probably has a wife and kids. shouldnt that put you off?

HSC
l-mercedes-l said:
and this guy probably has a wife and kids. shouldnt that put you off?
It should. His youngest son is two years older than me. But in an Aragorn-esque way (Eowyn was quite a bit younger than Aragorn who was 87)... well I don't really know, to be honest.

Yeah, he's always been a v.v.good friend, because we talk about a lot of stuff apart from school. It was really funny; when we were doing Othello, one of the themes is "Love" and we had this really long talk about what "love" is and then he started talking about all the diff. kinds of girls he'd dated. Very funny. But that was before **cough**. Anyhow.

I'd like to spend more time with boys my age but my parents kind of prevent that. And besides, boys my age normally mistake me for being twelve years old and thus ignore me.

l-mercedes-l said:
let me guess. you crave his respect and approval and want to chat to him about a million and one intelligent things to impress him so he thinks your intellignet and worth his time?
You got it. Well at the moment. Kind of anyhow. I just want to talk to him lots and lots and tell him all about my life and find about his much more interesting one...and then I had a few recurrent almost Lolita-esque dreams involving him and they just blew me away because I usually feel as if I have the physical development of a 12-year-old and...well yeah. I'm rambling. So I'll shut up now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)