Psyc1001 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have a few questions.

1. Do we need to know the stats/graphs (for the neuroscience one)
2. I've already made my own notes from the slides/recordings, now what do I do?
3. Are the readings really that necessary? Because from what I've read, it doesn't relate to what we're being taught.
4. Will I be getting more information in the tutorial? (Haven't been to one yet)

I'm only doing psyc as an elective for semester 1 so I don't need any HD's or anything but I definitely don't want to fail.

olivial

HSC
I'm not 100% sure, but this is what I'm going with from reading the PSYC1001 manual/listening to the lecture-
1. I don't think you need to. I mean, you should know them, and probably get the general gist of it, but I'm not too sure about memorising them. From what I remember, you need to be able to answer the topic questions as they are the important points that you will be tested on. Everything else (graphs/stats) just helps to give the context of what he is talking about- ie the prevalence of mental illness in society. Though on slide 15 (of the handout) there is a summary of the stats that might not hurt to know :)

4. The tutorial this week is just an introduction on psychology, so it probably won't be on neuroscience.

Hope this helps. I'm doing PSYC1001 this semester too, so I'm not really an expert haha just trying to find my way around everything :p maybe email the lecturer?

maths_genius

HSC
1. Do we need to know the stats/graphs (for the neuroscience one): They won't ask you an incredibly specific question regarding statistics or graphs, however it is still essential to know the general gist of what happened. For example, if you were given a graph showing the amount of drug use in Australia, they wouldn't expect you to remember "What percentage of people take marijuana in Australia?" but they may expect you to know the general order of prevalence (e.g. there are more marijuana users than cocaine users).

2. I've already made my own notes from the slides/recordings, now what do I do? Wait, you've already reviewed all the lectures? Just keep going to the lectures and making sure you remember/know everything you can.

3. Are the readings really that necessary? Because from what I've read, it doesn't relate to what we're being taught : No they're not necessarily, but yes they are useful. They may not be 100% relevant all the time but they'll consolidate the knowledge you already have regarding a particular topic. Caleb should have fun explaining that.

4. Will I be getting more information in the tutorial? (Haven't been to one yet). Yes.

ps. i'm a 3rd year psyc student at usyd

Airstrike

HSC
Yeah i'm doing this too...but I've asked people and they said...you have a 100 MC test...there wouldn't be any graphs or pictures inside....sooo yeah!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
err you do realise they can ask you a multiple choice question on graphs and such, right?

HSC
Also, do I pick up my manual from the copy centre? Because I don't know where that is :S

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Also, do I pick up my manual from the copy centre? Because I don't know where that is :S
next to the technology store (iirc it's a mini mac store) which is next to the coop bookshop which is next to Mint Cafe which you can see on your left hand side after the tennis courts as you walk into uni from redfern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)