Psych 1A / 1B (1 Viewer)

learninggg

HSC
Hi there, i am currently studying commerce and am planning to transfer to a commerce/ science degree next sem and i was hoping to major in psych. I was just wondering if i can do Psych 1B next semester (since it is only offered in semester 2), even though i did not do Psych 1A yet. Then i might do Psych 1A next yr sem 1?

Just wondering if 1A is a prerequisite to 1B or do i need prior knowledge from 1A to do 1B?

If i can do 1B next semester, i would be ale to completed stage 1 courses by 2014 sem 1, to move onto stage 2 courses in 2014 sem 2? :)

Thanks guys :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am pretty sure Psych 1A isn't necessary for Psych 1B. Don't quote me on that though. (This is based on what I have heard from others)

HSC
Psyc 1A is not a prerequisite for Psyc 1B. However, you need to complete both 1A and 1B to take stage 2 courses.

plutonium-238

HSC
Psyc 1A is not a prerequisite for Psyc 1B. However, you need to complete both 1A and 1B to take stage 2 courses.
UNSW BPsych student here.

Completing both 1A and 1B would be a better choice if you want to proceed to second year and consequently, third year psychology. Take a look at the requirements for 2nd year psychology courses and they all require 1A (PSYC2101 does not require 1B and you can complete this if you've done 1A in the first semester). If you're still interested in taking psychology, both PSYC1001 and PSYC1011 have gen ed versions without the research methodology and statistic components.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)