Psych Question (1 Viewer)

Lennie

Hey, I'm just wondering, it may seem a bit early to start thinking about university courses and the like, but i'm really interested in what the psychology-type courses entail, and where they can lead you to.
Yes, i have been to the website! :p
But can someone put it in simple terms for me... can you actually come away as a clinical psychologist?
The reason i ask, is because the UAI seems low :rolleyes:
But i would really appreciate some clarification :)

dazzi_dani

HSC
essentially yes you can come away as a clinical psych, however the uai is only 85 because youre not automatically entitled to do honours. i cant talk much about the course content cause im only first year.

Lennie

so, if i was to do a B science (psych) (i think thats the right one, correct me if im wrong), how many more years on top of the 3, do i have to complete?
thanks for the reply by the way :p :) :cool:

dazzi_dani

HSC
um an honours year and then 2 years of masters or internship if you want to be clinical psych

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
and so you shoudl be cb

what are the odds of getting into first that honours degree and then into clinical or dr's or whatever its called?

Sarah

HSC
N/A
wrong_turn said:
and so you shoudl be cb

what are the odds of getting into first that honours degree and then into clinical or dr's or whatever its called?
It happens. I know someone who did that but not at ANU. I think you're referring to a PHD.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
its honours but nuh its called clinical something

Brizza

HSC
I’m in the same boat as "enternamehere".

I’m currently doing my final stages in VCE and am sorta interested in moving up to ACT to go to ANU. I am highly interested in forensic psychology and am aiming to make a profession out of it, and I am wondering what the course provides for that stream of psychology.

dazzi_dani

HSC
id say psych/law is your best bit, im not sure what else ANU offers in terms of forensics/criminology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)