psychology questions~ (1 Viewer)

heeyeoni

HSC
i've just been looking around for info on psychology course but i couldn't understand some of the info.

what's the difference between psych A and B??
and psych seems to be linked to dif faculties like science, arts etc.. could someone please explain just in simple terms how they differ from one another and what each focuses mainly on??
and what kind of related jobs are available after gaining a psychology degree??

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think Psyc A is more social psyc, Psyc B is more biological.

Psyc can be sometimes Art-like. But it is a science. There are different areas of psyc when you get to higher level courses.

For jobs, look around the UNSW Handbook for psyc.

Lain

HSC
Are you looking for a psychology degree or have you been offered a degree and looking for psychology course/subject to do in iit? If you're doing year 12 in 2006.. I guess you're looking for a psych degree?

In UNSW, the school of psychology is in the science faculty, same as USYD, I think but in other universities it may be different. The UNSW school of psychology website tells you some about careers in psychology..

http://www.psy.unsw.edu.au/study/careers/Index.htm

If you're asking about Psychology 1A and 1B.. (PSYC1001 and PSYC1011).. I don't know about the actual subject content. One is studied in the first semester and the other in the 2nd, and you don't need to have studied 1A to do 1B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)