Psychology (1 Viewer)

kaha167

HSC
Do i need to study a science in year 11 and 12 to qualify for the psychology 4 year course here at wollongong?
thanks for your help
also,, do you know the UAI i need?
Thankyou very much

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Hey

This is a link to the course handbook

Bachelor of Psychology - 2009 Course Handbook @ UOW

It says all that is required is 2 units of english, it doesnt mention science, but if youre thinking of doing science it woulnt hurt...it doesnt mention a uai there, but on the uac site, it says the 2009 cut off is 90, so it will be thereabouts.

kaha167

HSC
Thanks,,
i really appreciate u replying witht that link
:)

yourmumishere.

HSC
UAI is lower in some area's.
For University of Western Sydney in Campbelltown its 70.
So if you do end up getting lower than expected for your UAI, you could always try there for Psycology.
Or early entry for wollongong.
Which is what i'm doing.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Hey guys, I'm considering doing a Psyc1XX subject as an elective. I was really interested in the course, but preferences were higher in other areas. Is there anyone that has done an introductory Psychology subject (or preferably a degree) that could explain a bit about it?

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Don't know too much, but my mate did Psyc100 and said that it required an absolute fucktonne of reading. Have you checked out the subject outline?
From the UOW website:

This subject provides an introductory overview of areas of psychological investigation, introducing students to the study of individuals and human experience. It aims to acquaint non-psychology majors with the discipline, but may also provide additional background to students intending to specialize in psychology. Topics covered include learning, cognition, motivation, emotion, personality and lifespan development. The aim of this course is to introduce the major areas of study in the science of psychology.

Kind of generic, but sounds interesting. Only problem is I don't think I'm going to do it anymore because it doesn't fit in with my timetable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)