• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Psychology (1 Viewer)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I will be taking junior units in introductory psychology as part of my arts/commerce at sydney uni, but my arts major is going to be sociology.

I know many ppl doing Arts-psychology, Science-psychology and Psychology (honours) at Macquarie, one of them came first in society and culture in the HSC!

mp3mojo

is psychology a program which is english-based? (lik alot of english involved). im kinda interested in doin it, but worried dat it's too english based (dun lik english much)

pri

HSC
N/A
uuh u also need to be good at maths, statistics can be a bit of a bastard i heard

Generator

HSC
N/A
Stats would have to be the easiest of the lot.

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
For undergrad psychology, UNSW is the best (has the most research funding, its experimenters get cited in other experiments more than any other uni in Aus, School of Psychology is huge, has many professors from top overseas uni's from overseas like Princeton etc).

But go for the B.Psych -you will get SO many advantages that the Science etc students miss out on its not funny (not to mention automatic entry into honors) ...in fact the best psychology-related things I've done and learnt so far at UNSW can only be done if you're in the B.Psych, otherwise you're not allowed.. :(

Psychology is a mix of being scientific (it is a science after all), and english-based (the theories etc). But if you want to get into the postgrad side (i.e. clinical/forensic/organisational psychology), then you will need to be pretty good at English by that stage I'd say...and you need at least honors + masters/dr in psychology (i.e. postgrad) to really get a strong career in psychology these days..

NiMi

maq-psycho
HSC
thanx heaps j-belle...one more thing-is Macq any good at psychology?? its close to where i live n ppl r feakin me abt going to NSW coz its sooo far

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
no problem :)

I don't know much about Mac Uni Psych, just that the UAI for B.Psych is still above 95 (like USYD and UNSW), so at least the demand is there, they must be doing something right..

yeh UNSW might be far for you, but you might be better off moving out, getting centerlink/youth allowance and living on (college) or near (flat) UNSW campus, then it won't be far at all..:)

NiMi

maq-psycho
HSC
good point

i hope i dont get into NSW then coz den i wont regret it
lol

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
you just need to be good at english, words used, etc.
Oh crap! Than I aren't going for psychology. I am not good with English and with words!:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)