public housing (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone knows about public housing,
if they recommending applying for one, and to live at.
and where the locations are?

i want details and stuff, and if possible feedback from people living in housig commissions and what its like.

i'm looking to move out of house, since i dont have a job right now.. i might have to settle for public housing.. if i find a job with a reasonable pay and that i can keep i might think otherwise.

i've come to hear that public housing i must stay for at least 2 years, up to 10years max. is this true ?

thanks beforehand.

oh, and are water/electric bills paid for? or does it get deducted from centerlink

i turn 18 in about 17days.. so i'm thinking of applying before im 18 or when i do reach 18.

thanks.

edit: and also i want opinions if you guys suggest i should or shouldn't leave.
because honestly, i dont really want to leave, but i also want to live my own life without having my parents hasseling on telling me what to do..
so give me opinions please. thanks.

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
I believe there are major waiting lists, and I think they give to the most needy. e.g families

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, I doubt they would even consider you unless you had a horrible home situation or were expecting a baby.... even then it's hard to get public housing.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You have no job and want public housing? Fuck off you tosser. My family has been on the waiting list since I was 6 years old. We lived very close to the poverty line for 8 years during that time, and still, we recived no public housing. I'm now 19 and still, nothing has ever been offered, regardless of the fact we had aboslutley nothing for years.

Apply and the public housing people will laugh in your face. Want to lower your standards to public housing? If you can't afford to leave home, then don't. If you really want to, get a bloody job like the rest of us. Do what Ash does and work 45 hours a week. Do what I do and survive on Centrelink. And if you don't qualify for that then theres no way in hell you'll ever get public housing. Dickhead.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
You can apply for public housing but i can tell you now that you will not get it.

The waiting list is very long the minimum time to be offered one is 10 years and more also it depends on which area you want to apply to places like Marrickville,Glebe, Redfern or places around the fringes of the city takes upwards of 20 years to get.

The new rules for PH is they give you a 2 year lease then reassess your situation and weather or not to give you a extended lease.

funniboi

HSC
White Rabbit said:
You have no job and want public housing? Fuck off you tosser. My family has been on the waiting list since I was 6 years old. We lived very close to the poverty line for 8 years during that time, and still, we recived no public housing. I'm now 19 and still, nothing has ever been offered, regardless of the fact we had aboslutley nothing for years.

Apply and the public housing people will laugh in your face. Want to lower your standards to public housing? If you can't afford to leave home, then don't. If you really want to, get a bloody job like the rest of us. Do what Ash does and work 45 hours a week. Do what I do and survive on Centrelink. And if you don't qualify for that then theres no way in hell you'll ever get public housing. Dickhead.

shut the fuck up faggot, i don't give a shit what you went through and what you don't have.

you dont know shit, for wahts going on with me, so shut the fuck up.

i dont even get centerlink to start off with,
finding a job? to move out? i'd need atlesat a decent job for that, not some fucked up job at coles stacking shit on shelves for 8bux an hour, you fuckwit.

to support myself i'd more a very stable and relaible job with a good income, to keep up paying rent + electricity.

your a fucken dumbcunt, honestly..

where do you think ill go if i have no where to stay you fucken twit. yeh ok, i'll move out of my house and wait 6 years on the street, unlike the other people who are on the waiting lsits and already have a place to stay. if you was really in need of it, don't you think you'd have gotten it ? NO because you have a place to stay, you fucken tool. where do i go if my family decids to kick me out? NO WHERE. so where will i end up? on the street. right, 6 years on the street waitin compared to you 6 years with your family, sheltered. who's more needy now? at least you fucken get centerlink you fucken ungrateful bastard. some people dont.

so shut the fuck up, and stick your fucken head back up your fucken ass.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You can't just apply for public housing because you feel like moving out. It doesn't work that way. Public housing is for people who actually need it. And its not like there are heaps of empty places around. There is already a shortage. You have no chance of getting it.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
random interjection

government housing is subsidized which causes a deadweight loss resulting in inefficiency

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
funniboi said:
shut the fuck up faggot, i don't give a shit what you went through and what you don't have.

you dont know shit, for wahts going on with me, so shut the fuck up.

i dont even get centerlink to start off with,
finding a job? to move out? i'd need atlesat a decent job for that, not some fucked up job at coles stacking shit on shelves for 8bux an hour, you fuckwit.

to support myself i'd more a very stable and relaible job with a good income, to keep up paying rent + electricity.

your a fucken dumbcunt, honestly..

where do you think ill go if i have no where to stay you fucken twit. yeh ok, i'll move out of my house and wait 6 years on the street, unlike the other people who are on the waiting lsits and already have a place to stay. if you was really in need of it, don't you think you'd have gotten it ? NO because you have a place to stay, you fucken tool. where do i go if my family decids to kick me out? NO WHERE. so where will i end up? on the street. right, 6 years on the street waitin compared to you 6 years with your family, sheltered. who's more needy now? at least you fucken get centerlink you fucken ungrateful bastard. some people dont.

so shut the fuck up, and stick your fucken head back up your fucken ass.
You really have no idea how public housing works do you? we needed it because my mum could barley afford to feed us, because rent was always behind, we were always in debt. You don't need to be living on the streets to living in poverty.

You stated yourself that you have no real reason to move out, other than it what you want right now. Well, sorry sunshine, that excuse doesn't fly when going through housing commission. The fact that you felt you would be 'lowering' yourself to public housing just reflects how sheltered you are. If you were really in need of it, it would be a god send. In order to get housing now, you'd need NO OTHER OPTION. That means your parents abuse you, and have absolutley no other family to turn to. That you're a single parent with no income other than centrelink with no sufficent way to support your children. That you're the victim of domestic violence. Thats need, not some whiney little cunt who just wants to move out of home because he wants to 'have his own life away from mummy and daddy'.

You really have no idea. If you do not qualify for centrelink, theres no way in hell Housing Commission will even look at your application. I get centrelink because I genuinley need it, I don't have rich parents to put me through Uni, and Bathurst isn't exaclty renowed for it's extensive job market. You DON'T get it, because you have another way of supporting yourself. You're selfish for even considering applying when you don't need it, and there are so many others that do.

I managed to move out and get a shared place while studying, however if you have the fortunate option to remain at home, why leave? what does it achive? A bit of indepence you could achive once you graduate Uni. People like you disgust me. Selfish, ignorant bastards.

And go and get a job a coles you lazy bastard, do what the rest of us do. Do what Ash does --> she suuports herself when she moved 8 hours across the state --> SHE GOT A FUCKING JOB. and she didn't go through public housing.

kirabolton

HSC
Clap Clap White Rabbit, i loathe people who abuse the public housing thingy maggig when other people need it. My reasoning is much more selfish because i don't see why people who are working and supporting themselves should have to pay for other people to live in houses when they don't even have a job. I don't mind paying tax for people who really need these services but i know people who get stuff like youth allowance and abuse it, it's so ridiculous. There are these peopel who live near me in a housing comission house with a huge pile of children and they have a BOAT! a friggin BOAT! Stupid scumbags.

OH, and funniboi you asshole get a JOB! Who gives a fuck that you don't want to work in some shitty job, everybody does it why are you any different?

funniboi

HSC
what the fuck

right, you guys feel that you deserve it more then everyone else dont yas?

well, we'll see who will get it..
i'll apply for it.
and i'll make up my own reasons for why i need it.
honestly, if i do get it.. suck shit to you fuckers who applied and never got shit.
i dont give a fuck about nothing, because nothing ever gave a fuck about me.

yeah call me selfish, but thats life you fuckhead.

you gonna spend the rets of ur live putting shit for others before you, you'll get no where.
fucker, i get what i want. i dont give a fuck how its done, i dont give a fuck who i take it from. yeah you can have a cry all you want because i'm a 18 year old lookin to move out of house, and i have no where to stay, so i ahve to go public housing.

yeah, you can cry because i dont need it as much as you fuckers do.

yeah you can cry because i don't work, and i live off the government, but really.

DO I GIVE A SHIT?

when i get my public housing, ill fucken shit on all your faces, mother fuckers. i dont give a fuck what you think, what you say i should do, what you think is right, who you think deserves shit me then me. because to me, i need it more then anyone else, why? yes because i am selfish, and because i think of myself, because its MY LIFE, and I'M LIVING IT. i would feel better if i lived my LIFE the way I WANT TO. yeah, even if its the easy way out, i DONT GIVE A SHIT. because put it this way,
i'm assuring you, i WILL get public housing, even if its not by myself, even if i ahve to LIE to get it, i WILL get it. trust me, fucker.. you can ahve your cry, and say 'yeh i wont get it' but i'll get it. :)

go work your ass of you fucken sadcunt. dont tell others how to live, just because ur living life the hard way and you never got shit the way you wanted, dont have to take it out on others. prick.

klh

HSC
there is a very long waiting list and now tehre are more regualtioms being introduced. its been 10 years and my dad still doesnt have a spot.
rent is subsidised unless you earn an income in which you pay a percentage of your income as rent.
new regulations state that there is only a specific length of tenure before having to go private so someone else can have a go.
also water is now payable when before it wasnt.
its usually those with very difficult circumstances who get it.
may abuse the system and trash it, as you see on the current affairs programs form time to time which disgusts me.
electricity is seperate and you can elect to pay it from pay deductions or pay it yourself.

separting myself from this argument, i do believe that public housing is fopr the needy but amny peopleare in different cicumstances. it is also fact that many who do need public housing are also very 'selecting' and that sometimes there is no places available in the desired locations.
an alternative is hume community housing i fyou are looking for affordable housing.

HSC
funniboi said:
edit: and also i want opinions if you guys suggest i should or shouldn't leave.
because honestly, i dont really want to leave, but i also want to live my own life without having my parents hasseling on telling me what to do..
so give me opinions please. thanks.
funniboi, i think i know how you feel. In yr 11 i wanted to move out because my dad would drink a bit too much and then get fairly abusive. When i asked around, they told me really firmly that there were long, long waiting lists for public housing, and i was better off getting a job or some other governmental allowance to support myself.

My opinion is, if it's about your parents not giving you enough independence, then talk to them about it. Moving out would be so much more of a bigger hassle. If you feel like you want to move out in the near future, you could do a baristas/bar course, which might raise your pay (I know bar work has a minimum of around $18/hr).

I told my dad that I wouldn't put up with it, and if i had to, i would move out with my boyfriend. We went to a therapist, and things are much better now.

tempco

HSC
i've got a friend who has a commisioned house in the city. on kent st. surprisingly quiet, and so close to the city.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You should just work, and then save up and then move out. It is probably a heap easier anyway than trying to get a public housing place. Plus if you earn enough to become independent and are studying then you can get a government payment.

You really are being quite abusive, you asked and people answered. We are not fully aware of your situation and people on here just told you what they know.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh but he got an abusive answer..when he was only asking for opinions..he didn't need to be 'yelled' at

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)