Purpose's of text (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone could help me with a matter of concern.
i recently got one of my essays marked, and it is all fine except i need to include the purpose of each text..

I did S.T. Coleridge --> Kubla Khan and Frost at Midnight and related texts Alice in Wonderland the book and Leuning Cartoon and the stimlus poem The road not taken...

I was wondering if someone could help me in explaining the purpose of each of these texts..

thankyou in advance

Kutay

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
you have to decide the purpose in accordance to YOUR interpretation and understanding of imaginative journeys

poodoorfan

hjyukijyti

i think like kubla khan talks about nature and shows how quickly it can change, maybe? sorry not much help, i don't really know those 2 poems i did different ones

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Like everyone else said, it's pretty much up to your interpretation as to what the purpose of a text is, plus if you 'back it up' so to speak, you're not going to be considered "wrong" by the marker.

ie. you could write "The purpose of Frost at Midnight is to enrage sensible people with radical leftwing propaganda", if there was something in the text to justify saying so. Unfortunately, there isn't. But Leunig on the other hand...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)