puzzled! (1 Viewer)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
hey i saw a similar thread to this before but it kinda got nowhere?
well its abit late for me to ask this now but i was just wondering
when choosing uni's which one would be easier to do?
say i wanan go uhmm unsw? but my uai isnt high enough for the course i wanna do.
would it be easier to say
do a similar course that my uai's high enough for at UWS nd then transfer -> possible?
or do a wishy washy course that im able to get into at unsw nd then try transfer into the course that i wanna do?
nd is it hard to transfer between uni's?

strawberry

well obviously there'll be difficulties when transfering but it depends on how well you perform in 1st yr uni and ur uai...

so if you get all HD in 1st year then it's not gonna be very difficult, however, if you get all Pass and Credit then i say you've got a fight on ur hands

If i were you i would choose a uni that has the course i wanna do

say I wanna do law at unsw but dont get da uai, then i'd go to uws to do law and try transfering to unsw...if i can transfer then great...if i cant then i can still be a lawyer when i get out...

nothing to lose right

hope dat helps

santaslayer

HSC
no...if u go to UWS for law then transferring would be extre,ley hard for unsw, considering the uai differences

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I suggest doing a similar course in the uni that you wanna go to...
Transferring between uni's I heard was pretty difficult...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
it depends on you and how hard you work in first year.

if you enrol in a degree at unsw that your not that interested in, do you think you will be able to get D's and HD's in it to be able to trasnfer?

or would you rather stick to the degree you like at another uni, do considerably better because it interests you, hopefully get D's and HD's in, and then trasfner.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by jlh

if you enrol in a degree at unsw that your not that interested in, do you think you will be able to get D's and HD's in it to be able to trasnfer?

or would you rather stick to the degree you like at another uni, do considerably better because it interests you, hopefully get D's and HD's in, and then trasfner.
Unfortunately, that might not be the case even if you are doing the degree you want, but not at the university you want. Depending on the degree, first year tends to be riddled with subjects which you might find that are not relevent to the degree and you might lose interest. You'll need to consider this and compare it to the difficulty of transferring to another uni.

Whats the courses and how similar are they? Transferring within the same school will be alot easier than transferring between unis.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
when u transfer within the uni, do they just look at first yr marks, or do they include the UAI too?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Depends - Sydney Uni makes you apply thru UAC even though it's essentially an internal transfer.. it sucks.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i would say do a similiar course at another uni. and then go very good on it, then u might get a transfer with credit as well- so u don't have to repeat first year. :)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
hmmm i get i get
kinda
for arguments sake lets say you do business at uws
wat would u need to transfer into like say uts or something of the sort
nd that would be after a year right?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by boinkBOINK
hmmm i get i get
kinda
for arguments sake lets say you do business at uws
wat would u need to transfer into like say uts or something of the sort
nd that would be after a year right?
that depends on your UAI
if ur UAI is pretty close to the cutoffs, u can expect to get in with a bit over a credit average...the further ur UAI is away from the general cutoff trend, the higher ur uni marks need to be
and yes it would be after 1st year

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
that depends on your UAI
if ur UAI is pretty close to the cutoffs, u can expect to get in with a bit over a credit average...the further ur UAI is away from the general cutoff trend, the higher ur uni marks need to be
and yes it would be after 1st year
yep, in other words- u gotta b looking to kill it if ur aiming for a transfer. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)