• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PwC Traineeships! (1 Viewer)

Prada_Girl

HSC
Hey guys

I'm new to the forum..hello to you all! =)

Anyway, I just got through to the round of group assessment centre/partner interview stage of the pWc traineeship process..and I am freaking out!!!

This has been a dream of mine to get into one of the Big 4s and I am nearing it...so I was wondering if you have any advice for me, particularly, if you have been at this stage or are currently working for a Big 4 firm!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and advice with me..:)

cassieagill

HSC
-go on the net and look up motivational and behavioral interview questions - also see STAR method
-be yourself
-look smart (wear appropriate business attire: one girl wore a REALLY short skirt to mine wtf?)
-make friends with the other candidates
-ask the interviewer questions - break the ice - oh i like the veiw ect
ummmmm yea i can't think of anything else, good luck!

(i got accepted for a cadetship for EY in vic...im assuming the processes would be similar)

Last edited:

Prada_Girl

HSC
Thank you, cassie!

I will try my best..but also, I have been practising for the numerical tests on SHL. I'm MOST nervous about this!

Keep the advice coming, people! =)

cassieagill

HSC
Thank you, cassie!

I will try my best..but also, I have been practising for the numerical tests on SHL. I'm MOST nervous about this!

Keep the advice coming, people! =)
OH YES DO, DO that!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't do that...i only did the english ones and then went, 'oh yea i think ill be right' but on the day i FAILED the numerical testing, i thought it was the end of me lol but yea, keep that up.

Prada_Girl

HSC
OH YES DO, DO that!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't do that...i only did the english ones and then went, 'oh yea i think ill be right' but on the day i FAILED the numerical testing, i thought it was the end of me lol but yea, keep that up.
Hahaha..yes we got 47mins to do a maths one and I was only halfway through! =(

But hey..you got through, so that's good! Did u have a high academic record and/or excellent interview performance?? Maybe interview and your behaviour towards the other candidates counts for more?!! If so, the tests maybe just a small part of them being motivated to give you the traineeship? =)

cassieagill

HSC
Hahaha..yes we got 47mins to do a maths one and I was only halfway through! =(

But hey..you got through, so that's good! Did u have a high academic record and/or excellent interview performance?? Maybe interview and your behaviour towards the other candidates counts for more?!! If so, the tests maybe just a small part of them being motivated to give you the traineeship? =)
well we did only 20 mins each for the maths and english...im in year 12 this year so they looked at my year 11 report and on that i had mostly As and some Bs, we also did a group case study, where thay got to see how we worked with other people, so if your doing something like that, know your strengths before you go in, if your not a strong leader, don't try to take the lead, just show your a team player and speak up, but not so much that you don't give the other candidates a chance

in my interview i just kept chatting, and said as much as possible to talk myself up (but don't go completely off topic of the question) the maximum time for the interview was 45 mins and i used the whole time, i know some of the other candidates were only in for about 35mins...but definitely prepare some questions to ask at the end (this was advice given to me by previous cadets and i did it)

oh and research the company, they asked me why i wanted to work at EY and i'd assume thats a pretty standard question,

ummmmm yea just be the best you can be :)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you universety of wolongong are fucker s who took our jobs.
next time imma analyse as many beam as possibel. cantilever or three poient.
for deflection, stress or anythings.

Prada_Girl

HSC
Thank you again! Yeah I think I will do that..hmm a busy week for me ahead :O

I am attending an info session on Wednesday night, so will keep the updates coming along! =)

Prada_Girl

HSC
I went for the assessment centre on Monday...ARGHHHHH!!!

It was great..but I dunno how I went..

CASSIE =) When did they get back to you?? Apparently here, there's the assessment centre and interview, however we are then chosen for a final interview lol.

C

chu082011

I went for the assessment centre on Monday...ARGHHHHH!!!

It was great..but I dunno how I went..

CASSIE =) When did they get back to you?? Apparently here, there's the assessment centre and interview, however we are then chosen for a final interview lol.
Dear friends

I like PwC Traineeships! very much.

Very useful for me.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at: PwC interview questions

Rgs

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)