Q Crime (c) young male and young female (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
kimi said:
That question was such a bitch. I only wrote 2full pages, and my writing was neat and small because i had to think of what to write. I just talked about Judicial and Police Discretion and how that quote "Male students generally had higher rates..." and i talked about stereotypes and i made up statistices from the ABS and i included a few actual case studies.. I dnt knowww. but i was psd off. Stupid question, i betcha who state fucked up slightly on this.

This is exactl what i did... and after talking to a few ppl... i think this is exactly what they wanted. After talking to also a solicitor..lol

I think this question they wanted to see who could actually think of something, like really think about it after been fiven that information uno....

Like they didnt want the whole of the state to remember just defences and write it.. like actually think for once...

Its crap though still i agree, it was unfair... But Lets hope this time cuz of it legal gets scaled up more then other years cuz of the hardness of that

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
tehehe soooo truuuuuue.... we all fucked it... there wont be anyone who answered it correctly unless they studied the topic juvenile justice in specific.. its fucked... all we can do now is appeal!!

POWER TO THE STUDENTS!! LETS START A REVOLUTION!!

tomcats 72

HSC
How can they ask us about something that wasn't even in the syllabus.... The statistics they gave were crap and couldn't really be used, well much anyway for question c)....
Although I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had trouble with it!

Mellonie

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Dream dream dream, dreeaaaamm. When i'm with you, all i wanna dooo.. is dreaaam DREAM! DREAM! DREAM!

The BoS doesn't do that in Legal, or any subject other than english. Every subject other than English (and maths in applying formulas) you just have regurgitate.

I aint dreaming sweety.. its reality :p

No u dont have to regurigitate.. this one they wanted to see if u could apply what u knew about criminal j ustice system to a paticular situation

the_gloved_one

HSC
that question was lame as! it wasn't in the syllabus so shouldn't have been asked! i don't even know what my answer was... i think i just bullsh*tted my way through that question!

rink

HSC
Ok so are we all gonna start a petition or what? The q was completely stuffed and will significantly advantage those who studied juvenile justice (which was NOT a requirement of the syllabus) as their current legal issue but most people probably didn't study it. They should make the whole exam out of 93 OR it would be nicer if they made it out of 81 because the 12mark crime q was pretty stupid aswell......I mean where was THAT in the syllabus. Such stupid q's. Let's complain to BOS....who's with me?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
many teachers/students have already complained. One would assume, as its now a weekend that any response from the board would be in a few days.

Although i do doubt they will do anything imo.

rink

HSC
Yeah but have enough people complained? The more ppl complain the higher the chances of them doing something about it

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
Dream dream dream, dreeaaaamm. When i'm with you, all i wanna dooo.. is dreaaam DREAM! DREAM! DREAM!

The BoS doesn't do that in Legal, or any subject other than english. Every subject other than English (and maths in applying formulas) you just have regurgitate.
Then what did you write for this section if Judicial and Police discretion isnt right? i dnt see how anyone can compare and contrast females and males without reffering to how discretion has a significant impact on the decisions made by the criminal justice system.

The question just doesnt have any relevance to the syllabus/ i think that the whole state will do really bad for this question so id be hard for markers to not notice. My teachers aint doing anything from what ive heard. But our classes can make them. :rolleyes:

Mellonie

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Ok, so compare and contrast male and females then?

What was it exacccctly that you wrote on the paper?
Well no one can remember exaactly what they wrote god.. u r in ur hsc, u dont come back with everything for word for word.

I wrote this but not exact word for word..

- The criminal justice system (courts) puts harsher penalties upon the male juveniles due to statistics showing they r the main offenders. Thisis a basic thinking upon our society, as females are obviously seen as the more emotinal sex thus judges are able to take pity upon their emotional inadequacy. While juvenile males on the other hand have a moral restriction where thye have not been so free with their emotions. Since judges are able to take the emotions which are shown in court into sentencing process, thus it could be said, female juveniles will recieve a less harsher penalty then juvenile males due to statistics and moral attitudes of our society today upon males.

- Furthermore Police are also quite awae of the statistics which are present by the Beruea of statistics... Thus a article was printed on SMH "Black and Blues"- 6/7/05 where it was outlines police were using their discretionary powers only upon aboroginal males in redfern. ONce again this evidence backs up the claim how differently a male and a female is treated in the criminal justice system. That is police have the right to search and break up gathering on the street under Young offender act 1997(NSW) but due to statistics they will apply their discretionary powers upon males more then females thus bringing upon discrimination between males and female juveniles in the criminal justice system.

Regardless of the differences, both male and female juveniles are able to access Children's court, with all fees paid for by legal aid without any question. But it is just after they arrive at court, the discriminatory factors come into action, and also before court by police practicing discrimnaoty dicrestion brings upon intitutionalised inequality.

NOTE: MY TEACHERS DID NOT TEACH US ANYTHIGN ABOUT THIS SECTION, I WAS IN UR POSITION TOO. i thought about what i knew and applied it to the quarion, by breaking down what criminal justice system is

julia_thorne17

HSC
I thought our school were the only ones who had no idea what to do with this question. It's a relief to find out that everyone else had the same problem, cos I was thinking that maybe it was in the syllabus and I somehow missed it while I was studying. I was like "Craaaaaappp!" cos I wrote a really sh*tty answer. I couldn't think of anything to write....I just wrote some really basic, limited info on it. I probably will get a 2-3 out of 7. We got totally screwed over! *shakes fist*

hammah

HSC
I interpreted the question as comparing and contrasting 'The problems' ... not the problems between males and females.. I read it a couple of times in the exam and thought to myself - 'there is no way they could ask a 7 mark Q on that' - mostly because the majority of the state wouldn't kno shit all about it...its hardly an issue in the media!

I managed to scam my way through it talking about YOA 97' and justice conferences, the reason for sentencing - rehabiliation vs retribution... I know its a dodgy question but you havent got much choice but to come up with something.

If that was wrong and the question WAS to compare males/females....ill get my paper back, get a 0, not get a band 6, not have a hectic 2 year accelerated legal course count to my UAI and most likely cry haha...

Thank you BOS for fukin with us...

kiara

What A stupid question...!!!! Ok if it was about comparing and contrasting just the problems then wouldn't the question have just been something like:

Compare and Contrast the problems faced by young PEOPLE who come into contact with the Juvenille Justice system?

Anyway, I thought the whole idea of the new HSC was to rid the system of gay Trick questions anyway. I don't agree that its just regurgitation...maybe in biology... as you still have to reasearch and apply ur knowledge to the course content etc...BUT It would be just like them asking a question like

Compare and Contrast the human rights issues faced by the purple people or Panadron with the green men from space! sure some of you might have researched that in your spare time on the weekend :p but awwww....they really sh*t me stupid people.....

kouklitsa

ok petition.. i heard the word dropped. IS there anyone who is good with words, can make it sound like its a serious problem without actually criticising the BOS? And somehow make them change things somehow??

_BaadShah_

HSC
petition n just give them a link to this thread so they can see us all complain about the crime section..=)

Mellonie

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
The funny part is, is some people think that they answered it correctly.

SOME PEOPLE DID ACTUALLY ANSWER IT CORRECTLY MATE!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I cant wait till they publish the marking criterias and markers comments, etc etc. Then we will know what was correct and what wasnt. I agree with Mellonie because i wrote exactly what she wrote and speaking to my teachers, they agree what i wrote was correct.

Anti-mathmite, what did you write then if you are saying some people "think" they answered correctly.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well looks like none of the Media organisations picked up on this controversy. Today's smh hsc article is about maths. Didnt anybody tell the media?

aimsley

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
If that is correct; then why are so many people asking what the hell the question is about?
What makes you bitches magically endowed with the power to know what the question is asking about, yet no body else does?

agreed...if it's not in the syllabus, how the hell does someone actually know the correct answer? I mean, ideas on what is right, of course, but noone can actually be sure can they?

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ngmares said:
Got email back from the BOS...

"We are currently looking closely at the situation to determine what action may be required."

anybody else get that email?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)