q for those lucky enough to have finished their hsc (1 Viewer)

honkytonk

i dont know if this subject has been done to death (probably has) but i was wondering whether those who had done their hsc last year or the year before were surprised at their marks?

that is, what did you expect your uais to be and what did you end up with?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
from the beginning of yr 12 , i always aimed 2 get a uai of 95+ n i ended up getting 95.85!!:)
but for chemistry n physics i had aimed 2 get a band 6 n i got a band 5:( ...so i was disappointed :mad: but i don't really care abt phys n chem now :D

so bottom line is i reached my goal.....:)

santaslayer

HSC
i was aiming for a 85+......it seemed that 85 was a near impossible task.......ending up getting 91.15. suprised?.......slightly, would say it was satisfactory

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I was aiming for a uai of low 60s, but i almost got 70, which was a shock :eek:

toisthbe

Evil Member
the system is stuffed, basically if u're not a fuking nerd, if u do low scaling subjects, u're scewered.

if u do highscaling, like 4unitmaths,phsics,economics,adv english.
there is literally no chance of getin lower than 80..its the way it is.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by toisthbe
the system is stuffed, basically if u're not a fuking nerd, if u do low scaling subjects, u're scewered.

if u do highscaling, like 4unitmaths,phsics,economics,adv english.
there is literally no chance of getin lower than 80..its the way it is.
No it's not.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I saw a girl from my skool a few days back...and she was like she didn't do really hard subjects like, "Physics, Chem, Bio, 3 unit Maths and advanced english" that's why her UAI was low....and she got marks "around 50, without studying"..LOL...i thought the lowest mark that they mostly give is a 50!!! :rofl:

honkytonk

hmm...so it seems that most are pleasantly surprised with their marks? sounds promising.

although, this means that ill be raising my standards and thus will probably be disappointed...oh well

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Well i reckon, that u can aim for a mark...but u mite not necessarily get it, since it all depends on the day. Well this is what i think.

suz

HSC
I was aiming for over 91 and I ended up with 92.8, so I was happy
There were times when I thought I wouldn't reach my goal but consistency is the key, your hard work will get rewarded
Best of luck...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by badapple
i dont know if this subject has been done to death (probably has) but i was wondering whether those who had done their hsc last year or the year before were surprised at their marks?

that is, what did you expect your uais to be and what did you end up with?
i was ecstatic with my chemistry mark (64) which most people here, if they got that would prob jump in front of a bus..but you need to understand i never passed a chem exam in 2 years and id been going to tutoring since the yr 12 1/2 yrlys..

as for my UAI...condsidering the lack of work i had done (apart from chem) i was pleasently surprised...i got 73.3 and i was expecting mid-high 60's
that being said, i didnt get anywhere near what i should of (if i had have worked)
but oh well, i was happy enough

HSC
my marks were all a suprise. i think generally people do better than expected in some subjects and worse in others. i thought i wouldnt even hit 80 in bio, and i got 92. but in 3u english i was told id get about 47, and i got 44. but overall i was aiming for a uai of 97, thinking id get about 96 and i got over 98. so it was nice.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i was ecstatic with my chemistry mark (64) which most people here, if they got that would prob jump in front of a bus..but you need to understand i never passed a chem exam in 2 years and id been going to tutoring since the yr 12 1/2 yrlys..
ahahah so was i!!!! i'd never passed a chemistry theory test the entire two years, even though i did pretty well in the pracs and i got 100% for an assignment (it wasn't hard -__-) so i was ecstatic with my hsc chem mark LOL
and i was really happy with my maths hsc mark too, especially after scaling down :D

overall i was (happily) surprised with my hsc marks...
and the UAI i got was kinda what i expected. iw ish i could've gotten higher, because i know iw orked hard enough for it, but yeah scaling does affect it a lot. oh well, it's over, i've gotten into uni, now i'll just work my ass off and try to get a transfer :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bubz :D
oh well, it's over, i've gotten into uni, now i'll just work my ass off and try to get a transfer :D
exactly what im doing!

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
i was aiming for a 85+......it seemed that 85 was a near impossible task.......ending up getting 91.15. suprised?.......slightly, would say it was satisfactory
Hehe, you were stupid in yr 9/10 but came good in yr 11/12, really thats what its all matter, comes down to killing yr 12, and you mudered it :p

Originally posted by hipsta_jess

as for my UAI...condsidering the lack of work i had done (apart from chem) i was pleasently surprised...i got 73.3 and i was expecting mid-high 60's
that being said, i didnt get anywhere near what i should of (if i had have worked)
but oh well, i was happy enough
Why did you choose chem if you wont good at it? I choose physic (biggest mistake ever) cause my mum said to choose it for scaling and as santaslayer would tell, I had the worst start ever, First yr 11 assesment, I failed behond failed, and first prectice exam - I got like 30% max but I still managed a low band 4, yay for me, Never give up hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)