Q15 Share your answers (1 Viewer)

Ozzyy

HSC
Damnit. Instead of of doing I just squared both terms, forgetting the middle term so I got y + 4. FML
FFS I ACCIDENTLY DID THAT TOO. Sad.. I did the whole question right except that little mistake -.-

Will we at least get some marks? I mean, that's a 4 mark question...

lolwot

HSC
FFS I ACCIDENTLY DID THAT TOO. Sad.. I did the whole question right except that little mistake -.-

Will we at least get some marks? I mean, that's a 4 mark question...
i reckon you'd get 2

Ozzyy

HSC
i reckon you'd get 2
e
I hope so, would be nice :| I always do little mistakes god knows why, I can't avoid them. They always cost me a bunch of marks in every exam. I misread/miswrite/forget things easily :s

lolwot

HSC
e
I hope so, would be nice :| I always do little mistakes god knows why, I can't avoid them. They always cost me a bunch of marks in every exam. I misread/miswrite/forget things easily :s
yeah for the loan repayments i kept writing 500 000 as 50 000 and like 1014 as 1.014 lol

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
yep haha thats what I did in the test. just wrote it wrong now. I edited my previous post to fix it up.
fuck wow. i expanded it and then i got x^2 = y^2 + 4y + 4... then i integrated it. so wrong expansion but i still did it all the way.. what would i get out of four??

hjed

HSC
fuck wow. i expanded it and then i got x^2 = y^2 + 4y + 4... then i integrated it. so wrong expansion but i still did it all the way.. what would i get out of four??
either 2 or three depending if there was a mark for expansion or integration (or both), the last mark will be for the correct answer.

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
either 2 or three depending if there was a mark for expansion or integration (or both), the last mark will be for the correct answer.
whoops .. i actually did a double whammy
i expanded
x^2 = y^2 + 4root(y) + 4... so i fucked it up twice xD

integrated it correctly tho, checked it multiple times

untamedkid

HSC LOL
HSC
guys, what was the answer to the volume, i got 136pi/3, but other people got 8pi/3, and even if mine is wrong, how many marks would i get?

andybandy

HSC
guys, what was the answer to the volume, i got 136pi/3, but other people got 8pi/3, and even if mine is wrong, how many marks would i get?
i got that to, and i assume thats right, what was your x^2 = to ?

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
well (4 +4rooty + y) or (rooty+2)^2
i thought this was correct until now but i have been informed by a friend who just checked it that technically it's (2 +/- rooty)^2 and if you sub values you will find that the correct answer is
x^2 = (2-sqrt(y))^2
= (4 - 4sqrt(y) + y)

Randox

HSC
N/A
i thought this was correct until now but i have been informed by a friend who just checked it that technically it's (2 +/- rooty)^2 and if you sub values you will find that the correct answer is
x^2 = (2-sqrt(y))^2
= (4 - 4sqrt(y) + y)
Wtf. Deadset is 1 % of the state supposed to get the 4 marks. What were the BOS thinking.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Wtf. Deadset is 1 % of the state supposed to get the 4 marks. What were the BOS thinking.
to be honest after rounding i think the stats will show 0% of the candidacy will get 4/4 for that question. i know of 1 person who noticed this during the exam hall and that's coming from a selective high (penrith as it may).

andybandy

HSC
to be honest after rounding i think the stats will show 0% of the candidacy will get 4/4 for that question. i know of 1 person who noticed this during the exam hall and that's coming from a selective high (penrith as it may).
whys that? the question was very doable? it was my favourite question in the whole exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)