Quality over Quantity... (1 Viewer)

gsweeper

HSC
My Modern exam today has really been niggling at my mind. There was a fair amount of things that were covered along with an essay, four extended responses, and two usefulness and reliability. The problem i had was not with my structure or content, it was that i was unable to finish the exam. I missed out on completing the last usefulness and reliability question by about 10 minutes. I have always been able to write three page essays that are high on content and structure, and has always beaten the people who have filled out whole booklets. Today however, i was unable to write quick enough to allow me to complete the final usefulness and reliability. I am really cut up about this and have practiced on countless occasions to try and increase my writing speed but i just can't do it. My writing is fairly small and i write about 3 pages in half hour at my quickest writing pace. I really don't know what i can do to improve my writing speed, and now because of today i am seriously re considering picking up extension history. I'm really worried this will affect me come HSC and i'm wondering if there is anything i can do to help me get out information quicker....

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If your writing is small, you'll write less naturally.

I would say if you must learn to write faster, just like if I wanted to learn how to write left-handed, practice, practice, practice. Sacrifice neatness and size for speed - as long as it is legible, it's fair game. Right now it's not the HSC, if your teacher complains that your writing is getting too illegible, it'll be easy - just write a bit slower, and the neatness will come.

gsweeper

HSC
thanks mate. It is also the problem of me being able to do all the work and if the exam today was split up into the different topics and were done as separate assessments I would have no worry in the world of getting 90% plus. What is annoying me right now is that I know that i had so much more to offer but i was physically unable to show that by completing my exam, and now i am fearing that this will give the teachers the impression i am incapable of doing Extension history....

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
3 pages in 30 minutes is pretty average from what I've picked up, I wouldn't be too worried. I have small writing and I'm happy at that amount.

K

khorne

Be more concise? Try to cut out rudundant things which won't be marked, thus, you'll still have a quality response, but it takes less to write =D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Be more concise? Try to cut out rudundant things which won't be marked, thus, you'll still have a quality response, but it takes less to write =D
Just what i was thinking :)

But just practise writing more often i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)