QUANTA - QUARKS... wtf?!?! (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by ben
Also, I still don't understand why the balmer series thingy was 2 and 7.
Balmer always has nf = 2

There was already ni = 3,4,5,6 so next was ni = 7 ...

Ronnie

just quickly.... cos I'm studying for chmistry.......

Q31 B) III)

why would they allocate 3 marks? just for saying that the extra energy has been converted into an anti-neutrino? This was the thing that threw me off..... I mean yea I found the mass defect in AMUs and then converted it to Binding Energy in MeV and got like 1.155 or something like that which is the Max pt on the graph.....

This is where I got stumped..........

Indefinite

Matter structure.

Damn i forgot that braggs X-ray diffraction isnt part of quanta to quarks and i talked about it as a method of probing internal structure of matter.

3-4 marks down the toilet

Viator

Hey I talked about X-Ray diffraction aswell, I didn't even realise it wasn't from Quanta to Quarks heh :D
Surely it can't matter (no pun intended) what topic it's from can it? As long as its a method used to investigate matter it's still correct I would think

Mr Chicken

Do i get yelled at if i say i actually liked the QTQ section?

of course, who knows how they'll mark that last question, but the rest was quite sweet!

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by Mr Chicken
Do i get yelled at if i say i actually liked the QTQ section?

of course, who knows how they'll mark that last question, but the rest was quite sweet!
The question you should ask is, do you really care if you do get yelled at :)?

Mr Chicken

True true...
like everyone is complaining about the electron distribution graph... we didn't have to exlpain why the maximum was 0.15 MeV, all ya had to say was there's like none at 1.15 MeV cause the antineutrino takes energy away - i think some ppl may be tricked and forget it's an antineutrino, but that doesn't matter much
maybe some of you guys screwed yourselves over by trying too hard to explain the graph?

ben

Originally posted by Mr Chicken
True true...
like everyone is complaining about the electron distribution graph... we didn't have to exlpain why the maximum was 0.15 MeV, all ya had to say was there's like none at 1.15 MeV cause the antineutrino takes energy away - i think some ppl may be tricked and forget it's an antineutrino, but that doesn't matter much
maybe some of you guys screwed yourselves over by trying too hard to explain the graph?
lol - i didn't even know what an antineutrino is

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by McLake

I talked a bit about how we found different kinds of quarks with particle accelerators ...
I talked generally about quarks, but wasn't able to say how specifically it was done e.g. what particles were collided, with what velocities etc.

josie_is_slut

THAT Q2Q SECTION WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY
I ACED IT, HOW COULD U GET IT WRONG, IT WAS EASIER THAN THE OTHER 3 MODULES, ALL OF YOUS R UNBELIEVABLE, AND I THOUGHT THE TOP 10% CAME TO THESE BOARDS......

:D :D :D :D :D

josie_is_slut

I THINK I KNOW Y THEY MADE IT HARD
ARENT MOST SELECTIVE SKOOLS DOING QUANTA?, COZ ITS RELATED TO CHEMISTRY, SO THEY DONT WANNA GIVE U THE ADVANTAGE

Mr Chicken

Originally posted by josie_is_slut
I THINK I KNOW Y THEY MADE IT HARD
ARENT MOST SELECTIVE SKOOLS DOING QUANTA?, COZ ITS RELATED TO CHEMISTRY, SO THEY DONT WANNA GIVE U THE ADVANTAGE
that's an interesting point - i'm from a selective school, and everyone did QTQ...
but i'd imagine making it hard wouldn't matter cause the options should be getting scaled seperately depending on how everyone goes in the rest of the exam
i hope!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by josie_is_slut
THAT Q2Q SECTION WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY
I ACED IT, HOW COULD U GET IT WRONG, IT WAS EASIER THAN THE OTHER 3 MODULES, ALL OF YOUS R UNBELIEVABLE, AND I THOUGHT THE TOP 10% CAME TO THESE BOARDS......

:D :D :D :D :D
hehe, well its good to hear u did well in it, i shoulda jus studied more...

but i dont think u should realli go down that attitude line though, we dont want another "sourie"

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
cazbah did q2q... but I really didn't think it helps US to do the thing... we just liquid papered over the word 'chemistry' and then photocopied the chem assignment for the physics one. Not very exciting, nor were there many questions on nuclear stuff that was in both...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)