Query about transferring(defecting) to Macq. Acst program. (1 Viewer)

F

finalrendition

Hello, i'm currently entering my second year at unsw - BCom (Actuarial, Finance), and i was just interested what are the steps required for an official transfer into the Macq. equivalent.

I understand that Macq. completes more exemption subjects in the first year as opposed to unsw, and its probably too late for me to transfer this year...
But it may be possible to transfer middle of 2006,or end of 2006.

At the end of 2006 the exemption subjects completed will be CT1, CT2, CT3, CT7, half of CT4, half of CT6. However, currently i only have completed half of CT7.

My WAM/GPA is alright, but i don't know the procedures for transfering, as well as taking all my Units of Credits over from a different university.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. for people studing BAppFins/ACST, what are the requirements to be able to study a 4th year ie. Control Cycle/Part II??

Kind Regards.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Maybe a mod could transfer this through to the ACST MQ forum?

You'll get a quicker reply there. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
On the transfer part, you'll have to apply from UAC, and qualify through a NRSL rank.

After acceptance, you can apply for credit for your previous studies.

As for the specifics of actuarial i got no idea :)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yeh apply thru uac

and i think for CT7 you guys do ur macro/micro different to us (when i compare to my friends at unsw).. so im not sure if it will count.. talk to acst department if u need clarification coz im jus guessing

www.actuary.mq.edu.au

_Alfie_

HSC
Basically the prereqs for the control cycle are the 300 level ACST units (not all of them) . You need CCI before CCII as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)